Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, Applications within our Robotics & Digital Solutions organization. The location for this position is Santa Clara, CA (NOT remote).
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be working on the Software Applications Backend team, helping to develop the infrastructure software that controls a real-time robotics system. These are the applications that empower the clinical staff to safely and effectively interact with the medical robotic system. You will be interacting closely with Clinical and System Engineering to test and develop clinical and user requirements. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who is interested in revolutionizing the world of medical robotics.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a focus in C++ and Linux to join our team to work on our distributed system. The Applications Backend team manages the System Logic, Audio, Video, LED Lights, User Management and Notification Frameworks.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work with software and other engineers (clinical, systems, mechanical, electrical) as part of a focused cross-functional team developing software for medical robotic applications
- Build Application software for a complex distributed connected medical device
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Work with engineering teams to support their business requirements
- Drive the architecture and design of software components
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
- Minimum B.S (Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent) and 5 years' experience in C++ development and Object-Oriented development or M.S. and 2 years of C++ and Object-Oriented development
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux required
- Experience working with Hardware and product bring up preferred
- Experience with Networking in a distributed system is preferred
- Experience with Python, CMake, Bash preferred
- Experience working in medical devices is preferred
- Position is located in Santa Clara, CA and may require up to 5% travel
Robotics and Digital Solutions, is part of Johnson & Johnson Med Tech. At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through innovative programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $116,700.00 to $187,795.00.