For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued, and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
Who are we?
Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are crafting digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
Johnson & Johnson – MedTech
At Johnson & Johnson MedTech Companies, we are using our breadth, scale and experience to re-imagine the way healthcare is delivered and to help people live longer, healthier lives. In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver doctor and patient-centric products and solutions. As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care – working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centered healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly. We are in this for life.
We have an exciting and challenging role within our Mentor team as a Sales Specialist where you will be responsible for maintaining and growing the Breast Implant and reconstruction device business in the Public and Private sector.
Purpose of the role
- As a Sales Specialist you are required to achieve agreed objectives and sales targets as outlined in the annual performance cycle.
- Within your allocated geographical region, you will interact and promote products to key customers and stakeholders in secondary care. You take the lead in managing your Plastic and Oncoplastic breast surgeons.
- You manage your territory through the development of comprehensive business plans, focussing on high value opportunities to grow and develop new business. Share gain and the adoption of new technologies whilst maintaining key customers will be critical.
- You manage and develop accounts and own the clinical and commercial relationships, ensuring efficient alignment of all efforts to maximise impact of all activities driving growth.
- You ensure key insights from the external marketplace are appropriately shared internally to shape future business plans.
- You ensure competence in the Breast Reconstruction and Breast Augmentation focus areas and are able to effectively promote our product portfolio.
- You act as an ambassador for Johnson & Johnson MedTech aligned to our Credo.
What to expect
Mentor is the global market leader in the Breast Reconstruction and Breast Augmentation sectors. We offer a broad range of solutions to meet the requirements of physicians and their patients. Our products are backed by a significant body of clinical data.
Who will you be working with
You will work collaboratively with colleagues across Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices to deliver your business plan. You will be working closely with your Business Leader, other Sales Specialists, Marketing, Professional Education and our Commercial teams to grow and protect your business.
Who are we looking for?
Skills and competencies
- Self motivated strategic thinker.
- Strong Selling & Negotiating skills.
- Ability to effectively plan.
- Excellent communication skills –written, spoken and presentation ability.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Influencing and business partnering skills – understands stakeholder requirements, ability to analyse requirements and develop strategies that drives the adoption of technologies and become a trusted business advisor.
- Ability to build trust with customers by asking probing questions that help the customer achieve their objectives, acting in a consultative manner.
- Continual learning utilising the internal training modules.
- Maintain deep clinical expertise in procedure and product knowledge.
- Networking – proactive in business situations; expands network continually; comfortable in meeting new people and stimulating conversation.
- Being a fantastic team mate, actively engages, has a voice in group settings and collaborates with enthusiasm across functional boundaries.
- Drive and tenacity and a strong winning spirit.
Education & Experience
- Successfully navigate the secondary care and private sector environment.
- Proven successful track record in selling. Experience within aesthetic medicine, plastic surgery/oncoplastic Medical Devices sector would be great.
Key Compliance Requirements
- Act as a role model for J&J Credo values at all times. Demonstrate integrity and ethical behaviour in all areas of responsibility
- Maintain thorough familiarity with your detailed personal Health & Safety responsibilities as described in the Company’s Health & Safety policy
- Adherence to all Company policies and vital training and development requirements within required time frames
- Ensure compliance to all product complaint process
- Desire to travel, and attend meetings as required
What type of mark will YOU make?
By joining Johnson & Johnson you will find boundless opportunities to craft your path & amplify your impact inside & outside our walls. And with our commitment to be the world’s healthiest workforce you can strengthen your body as well and your mind. When you work at Johnson & Johnson you can touch over a Billion lives worldwide every day. And when you apply your talent to our collective purpose there’s no end to the lasting impact we can make together. And that changes everything.
What’s in it for YOU?
It’s important to us that you feel you can bring your whole self to work; at Johnson & Johnson we provide an environment for you to fulfil your career aspirations as well as promoting your physical and mental wellbeing. As part of our offering, you will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as benefits that can be tailored to what is valuable to you throughout different stages of your life. Examples of this include online Digital GP, private healthcare, Retail Vouchers, Discounted & Subsidised Gym memberships and you can get to support community projects as part of our global Corporate Social Responsibility programme.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident .
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.