At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Discovery Immunology, located in San Diego, CA. We are seeking a highly motivated and driven Postdoctoral Research Fellow to leverage groundbreaking technologies to explore the differentiation and fate of immune cells in the context of tissue inflammation.
IN THIS ROLE, THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE WILL:
- Design, execute, analyze, and interpret complex in vivo and ex vivo experiments to characterize the differentiation of effector T cells during a tissue inflammatory response.
- Collaborate with partners across functional groups, including Discovery Immunology and Translational Science and Medicine.
- Present results and progress to project teams and management.
- Contribute, as appropriate, to conference abstracts and posters as well as publications.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field.
- Strong background in basic immunology as well as an understanding of the cytokines and signaling pathways that drive autoimmune disease is preferred.
- Experience in multicolor flow cytometry (including panel design, sample staining and acquisition, and data analysis) to identify and characterize immune cells is required.
- Experience in basic in vivo techniques such as handling, dosing, and preparation of single cell suspensions from lymphoid and non-lymphoid tissues is required.
- Experience running preclinical models of autoimmunity and inflammation, particularly models of skin and gastrointestinal inflammation, is preferred.
- Familiarity with library preparation for single cell RNA sequencing and bioinformatics tools is preferred.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com. (http://www.careers.jnj.com)