Johnson & Johnson – Consumer Health
Shopper Activation Executive
Based: High Wycombe (Hybrid)
Who We Are!
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “ You Belong”!
About Consumer Health
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans make this a great place to further your career
The Shopper Marketing team is tasked with driving J&J’s business through effective engagement and conversion of shoppers at the point of purchase (POP). This is through the flawless amplification and execution of Brand Marketing plans as well as development of retailer / channel specific co-marketing initiatives.
The Shopper Activation Executive is key to delivering success in the marketplace by ensuring that all POS produced meets both our retailer’s needs and engages our shoppers in addition to delivering our projects & commitments on time, in full and on budget.
- Execution in current year and planning for next.
- All categories and channels/customers
- NPI launches, differentiated retailer initiatives, event plans and monthly activity linked with retailer promotional plans
- Internally and external facing role (agency relationships)
- Key stakeholders: Shopper Marketing Managers, Brand Team, Customer Development, Supply Chain, Medical and Regulation Teams and External Agencies
Execution with Excellence:
- Assist in managing all POS projects across all brands with external agencies ensuring quality briefs are provided in a timely manner
- Meet all retailer and internal team deadlines to ensure timely and efficient production and delivery of POS
- Liaise with Shopper Marketing Managers to ensure POS adheres to the style guides set for each initiative
- Provide recommendations on materials/structure/print process to ensure POS is disruptive whilst remaining within budget
- Provide clear guidance to team and customer development on lead times required to deliver on commitment to the retailer
- Ensure all regulation approval processes are followed
External Agency Engagement:
- Provide quality and timely briefs for external agencies and engage fully and swiftly to ensure a superior output and strong working relationships and on budget executions.
- Managing the PO process ensuring PO’s are raised and closed out on time.
- Take part in monthly reviews with wider team and finance to provide insight into costs related to production
- Experience with POS production, good understanding of POS structures and print/production processes essential
- Experience in an agency or FMCG/Healthcare preferred
- Experience in working with external agencies
- Experience working with High street and Grocery retailers preferred. Pharmacy experience preferred
- Good stakeholder management including external agencies.
- Commerciality, Innovation, Creativity, Project Management and a passion and flair for retail execution.
Influence & Impact:
- Positively champions Shopper Marketing across the business.
- Eagerly accepts stretch goals – winning attitude.
- Ability to develop relationships across multiple stakeholders.
Insights & Action:
- Executes with excellence.
- Abreast of latest UK best practice in POS and in-store execution. Sets the standard for retail.
- Demonstrates a clear bias for action on priorities.
- Moves with speed to deliver results.
- Project management skills
- Regulatory and compliance focused.
- Good knowledge of retail environment.
- Understanding of retailer requirements and how to win in store.
- Deliver, Shape, Connect
What type of mark will you make?
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values, and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals. Should you accept this position, it is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you would be an employee of a new entity within New Consumer Health and your employment would be governed by New Consumer Health’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.