Ethicon Inc. (6045) is currently recruiting for Vicryl Braid Processors to be located in our Cornelia, GA site.
Responsible for using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications. Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
The Braid Processor is responsible for producing braided absorbable sutures in accordance with process specifications and procedures. This includes set up of the braiders and material doffing. The Braid Process is also responsible to conduct regular quality checks to screen suture defects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
Operates production equipment to produce subassemblies or finished products.
Assists with set up of equipment.
Assists with quality control inspections of products on assembly line.
Cleans equipment as needed. Notifies supervisor of maintenance and/or repairs needed on equipment.
Prepares accurate records/documentation related to work in progress.
Reports production problems.
Performs other duties assigned as needed.
- Select location to set up braider lots for carrier type.
- Set up braiders in accordance to specifications requirements for material size and appropriate product.
- Verify pick gears for each braider. Change springs and pick gears.
- Create all required labels to identify lots within the braider layout.
- Perform quality checks within entire assigned braider layout.
- Maintain tension settings and adjust if necessary.
- Stop and flag malfunctioning braiders running off-quality braid.
- Verify that proper humidity levels are maintained in braider room and verify on appropriate chart.
- Doff lots upon completion.
- Complete Device History Record and other related forms using Good Documentation Practices.
- Follow the Line Clearance Procedure.
- Maintain supply of bobbins on braider benches.
- Perform maintenance or minor repair on braiders to correct braid quality problems.
- Remove and identify raw material lots for size/product changeover.
- Properly remove waste yarn from bobbins and core spools and identify.
- Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
- Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
- Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, etc) where applicable.
- Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
- Consistently meet required work performance targets (RE’s), if applicable
- Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives.
- Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
- Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
- Consistently meet required Training due date targets.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- For those who supervise or manage a staff, responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition, if applicable
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent skills, experience, or training.
- Generally, Requires 0-2 Years Work Experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES and AFFILIATIONS
- Computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Proper use and maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to use and read scales, calculator, copier and label making equipment.
- Maintain production records.
- Basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide, percentages.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.