EPS, part of the Janssen Supply Chain Group, a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting a C&Q Engineer for the CAR-T hubs in Ghent. The position will be predominantly based in Ghent Belgium and report to the sr facilities manager.
CAR-T (chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy) is a new approach to eliminate cancer cells, which work by harnessing the power of a patient’s own immune system. They are created from the patients’ own T cells and are engineered to eliminate cancer cells expressing a specific antigen.
To support the CAR-T program in EMEA, Janssen is building two CAR-T manufacturing centres in the Ghent area (Belgium). To allow smooth start-up, commissioning; optimisations / expansions we are hiring a project engineer.
Next to the CAR-T facilities; EPS is responsible for the supply chain in Beerse and our Deliver plants in Beerse, Courcelles & La Louviere. Deliver is the logistics component (warehousing) linking manufacturing with our customers. Gradually you will be responsible for these plants as well.
• Participates in projects within the CAR-T / JSC environment in order to contribute to the safety, quality, environmental friendliness, sustainability, reliability and energy efficiency of the installations, infrastructure and systems and at the same time the aspect of maintainability.
• Coordinates and (supervises) ad-hoc multidisciplinary teams to optimize new and/or existing systems and processes from a safety, quality, energetic, economic, and prevention & environmental point of view.
• Ensures an attractive 'workplace experience' for our employees, technicians and a technical environment that meets high quality requirements, high operational reliability, low energy consumption and strict standards in the field of safety and the environment in function of the complete life cycle of the systems involved
• Initiates new projects in consultation with the Business Portfolio Owner (BPO)
• Acts as a deputy for the system owner and guarantees system ownership of all technical installations within the JSC buildings
• Takes on a mentor role within his/her area of responsibility towards junior peers. Also acts as a point of contact within the operational group for external parties such as engineering firms, contractors.
• Master’s degree in engineering, life sciences etc. Or equivalent experience required
• Minimum of 5+ years project engineering in life sciences/ food industy
• Strong problem-solving skills and a ‘Can do’ mentality
• Good knowledge of maintenance in a GMP environment required