Biosense Webster Inc. part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies is currently recruiting for a R&D Manager located in Salt Lake City, UT.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by improving the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
The R&D Manager will be responsible for planning, managing and coordinating activities designed to ensure effective new product development personally or through subordinates. The R&D Manager will direct those involved in the design, modification, and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products from product definition through production and release. The R&D manager will promote the use of new technologies and industry-leading trends to product management activities to ensure that products shipped meet specifications and quality goals.
- Creates, designs and maintains R&D project portfolio planning process which includes budgeting and managing projects
- Provides leadership to the R&D project teams in the strategic planning and management phase of each project
- Manages the development of products within the R&D department
- Organizes the planning, selection and implementation of the projects defined by the R&D department
- Establishes product goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products and/or services
- Works with Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing to identify, engineer and manufacture products that meet customer needs and fit identified markets
- Develops and executes product development plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of company products and/or services
- Manages the efforts of a team of product development engineers and ensures project milestones are met.
- Meets with engineers to determine needs and support and provides technical advice when necessary
- Plans, conducts and supervises all development projects for company. Determines project needs and assigns personnel
- Ensures all development projects meets overall completion dates and technical specifications
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- For those who supervise or manage a staff, responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition, if applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Material Science or Biomedical is preferred) or Equivalent is required; Masters preferred
- 8 or more years relative engineering or related work experience
- 2 or more years of previous managerial or Project Management experience is required
- Knowledge of CAD software is required, SolidWorks is preferred
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) is preferred
- Ability to be a leader on multi-functional teams is required
- Collaborative teammate with strong communication skills, written and verbal is required
- Experience with cardiovascular, structural heart or endovascular is highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience with all product development processes (phases) is required
- Experience with statistical analysis and design of experiments (DOE) preferred
- Ability to solve complex problems required Hands-on experience in development and build tools, validation, and verification is preferred
- Performing analysis and simulation using modeling tools is preferred
- Experience within medical devices is required
- Ability to travel up to 15%, domestic and international, is required
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.