Robotics & Digital Solutions, part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Staff NPI Test Engineer, located Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc., a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
- Responsible for leading all test activities on a subsystem and will coordinate broader activities as part of overall strategic vision.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing, Software and Design teams to design, develop, document, and qualify test processes used during the manufacturing of electro-mechanical components and subassemblies of a medical robotics system.
- Design, develop, document, and release electro-mechanical manufacturing test fixtures utilizing both custom and off-the shelf hardware and software.
- Develop of test algorithms, test scripts, data acquisition and measurement systems with focus on repeatability and reproducibility.
- Perform failure analysis on electromechanical equipment
- Lead Automation strategy and develop test processes utilizing in-house test software and scripts
- Release engineering documentation and bill of materials
- Contribute to all aspects of test development, coverage, drive execution and test results documentation.
- Drive process characterization, validation, and Test Method Validation
- Mentor other engineers to drive learning and accelerate project milestones
- Provide detailed status and tracking of activities
Education & Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering field with at (6+) years of experience is required
- Produce high quality documentation that is clearly understandable by internal and external personnel
- Prior experience with test equipment and test fixture design
- Ability to read schematics and perform electrical debug using oscilloscopes, DMMs, multi-meters
- Strong understanding and experience with 3D CAD
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management systems
- Experience working in a regulated industry
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Oracle Agile
- Experience in Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience working in a regulated industry
- Mechatronics Engineering degree
- Proficient understanding of electrical systems and power electronics
- Proficient understanding of mechanical systems and pneumatic systems
- In-depth Experience working on instrumentation automation and using scripting languages such as Python, Shell, SQL, Batch, Bash or Linux commands
- Previous experience working with Solidworks
- This position is based in Santa Clara, CA and requires up to 10% travel.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.