Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Co-op, Cell Therapy R&D Automation in Cell Therapy Platform Development, CAR-T Research, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The CAR-T Research group is a part of Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) Cell Therapy Platform Development Department in Janssen R&D and is engaged in the optimization the Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cell (CAR-T) platform, in partnership with Janssen BioTherapeutics Development (BioTD) and Therapeutic Area (TA) specialists. In this position, the Co-op student will learn about the exciting science Janssen is exploring in the CAR-T therapeutics research field, including: viral vector technology development, T-cell transduction and expansion, cell engineering, immunophenotyping, and CAR-T cell QC and functional characterization, and provide key support for enabling the research and development in these areas.
The position offers a phenomenal opportunity to engage in the discovery of next generation CAR-T technologies to address unmet medical needs. The Co-op student will:
• Perform laboratory work supporting established biological assays as well as developing and optimizing new assays. Responsibilities will include cell culture maintenance, reagent preparation, cell treatments, and applying a wide variety of analytical measurements including high-throughput flow cytometry, high-content confocal microscopy, kinetic cell killing assays, Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) and digital droplet PCR.
• Troubleshoot technical difficulties in biology assays and data analysis procedures.
• Develop and validate laboratory automation procedures for biological assays utilizing machinery including the Biomek i7 liquid handling workstation, Viaflow-384 liquid handler, Formulatrix Mantis, BioTek plate washer and Thermo Spinnaker robot arm.
• Develop streamlined software templates for assay data processing, QC, and data visualization using programs such as Microsoft Excel VBA, GraphPad PRISM, and TIBCO Spotfire.
• Perform laboratory operational support including: studying experimental SOPs and equipment manuals, writing SOPs, ordering of reagents and supplies, testing new assay labware, registration of cell lines or chemical entities in internal databases, maintaining electronic data management resources, coordinating equipment maintenance and new laboratory hardware evaluations with the technology vendors.
• Carefully document all work in an electronic laboratory notebook meeting the Discovery Data Integrity standards at Janssen.
• Undergraduate student currently pursuing a degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Biotechnology, or a related field
• A strong interest in laboratory automation and bioinformatics
• Proficient knowledge of cellular/molecular biology and common biology laboratory assays and data analysis techniques
• Mammalian cell culturing experience is preferred but not required
• At least 3 months laboratory experience outside of the classroom is preferred but not required
• Good communication, organization and planning skills
• The applicant must be available and have the ability to travel to Spring House, PA Monday through Friday from 8AM-4PM. Occasional weekend work may be required.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.