Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Functional Genomics, for our site in Cambridge, MA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The candidate will have a strong background in design and execution of cellular experiments and screens using RNAi, CRISPR, and other functional genomics tools for target identification, MOA characterization, and mechanisms of resistance and/or sensitivity to small and large molecules. You will also have experience with primary cell culture and complex cellular model systems. This effort will support the identification and development of therapeutics for disease indications, including Oncology, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, Neuroscience, and Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases. You will work in an exciting, interdisciplinary environment, overlapping the different stages of the discovery pipeline, by interacting with several internal and external organizations. As a team, you will innovate to integrate CRISPR technologies with high throughput proteomics, transcriptomics, single cell applications to drive added value for multi-modality drug development programs.
You should be highly self-motivated and will be expected to critically analyze and interpret data from a variety of sources. The successful candidate will take ownership for personnel management, performance appraisals and talent development plans. They will effectively communicate data and results to our stakeholders within and outside of J&J and work effectively with colleagues in across J&J sectors. They will be responsible achieving pipeline objectives and assigns appropriate resources within timeline and budgetary constraints.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent in biological, pharmacological, or chemical sciences is required
- A minimum of 2 years in an academic post-doctoral position, followed by two years of experience in a biotech/ pharmaceutical setting OR a Ph.D. with 5 or more years of post-doctoral working experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical setting, or similar environment (such as academic research) is required.
- Experience in designing and implementation of functional genomic strategies for target identification, MOA characterization, and mechanisms of resistance and/or sensitivity is required
- Strong communication, organizational and leadership skills, with a successful track record of collaborating with cross-functional scientific teams is required.
- Experience leading external collaborations in industry or academia is required.
- Excellent written and oral presentation capabilities is required.
- Record of external publications and presentations at major conferences is preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.