Ethicon Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is recruiting for a Foil Operator L1 located in San Angelo, TX.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to helping address the world's most pressing healthcare issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars, and hemostats, and our commitment to treating serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
Ethicon offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars, and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for the treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer, and obesity. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Sets up production equipment to produce subassemblies or finished products. Ensures production equipment is properly set up. Checks products on the assembly line to confirm that they are properly assembled and remove defective products. Compiles records and reports on quality inspection results. Cleans maintains and performs basic repairs on equipment as needed. Schedules maintenance and/or repairs on equipment as directed. Prepares accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results, and special projects. Troubleshoots production problems. Reports and documents unresolved production problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Requires the use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division including decimals and fractions; simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, and wiring diagrams together with the use of adjustable measuring instruments, graduates, and the like requiring interpretation, use and checking of reports, forms, records, and comparable data
- Must be willing to accept change and additional responsibilities and training associated with change.
- Does any other work of a related nature and performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must have good work habits (neatness, organizational skills, time management skills, etc.).
- Raw material handling and the upkeep of associated floor stock and inventory control.
- Ensures departmental practices, work areas, and equipment is kept in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Responsible for processing products through the Hofliger foil machine as per the process specifications.
- Focusing on ensuring maximum efficiency from machines, ensuring maximum machine utilization, and ensuring minimum departmental non-productive time.
- Daily, weekly, and/or monthly reporting of all department operations. The associate must be able to support 24-hour, 7-day-a-week manufacturing operations, with the ability to work 12-hour shifts.
- Associates are held accountable for production efficiencies, strict compliance with process specifications, and company standards of behavior.
- High School graduate, G.E.D. or equivalent skills, experience, or training.
- Completion of Annual Operator Refresher Training consisting of all process specifications, safety, and environmental training.
- Over 1 year, up to and including 3 years
- Attend required Environmental Training
- The associate must successfully complete an assessment evaluation
- Comply with all applicable quality management systems, and environmental, safety, and occupational health policies. (for example, ISO 13485, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001).
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .