Johnson and Johnson is recruiting for a Process Excellence Specialist, located in Guelph, ON. To get there, we need people. This is a 2-year contract role.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services. In Canada, Johnson & Johnson Inc. markets innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health and women's health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products.
At Johnson & Johnson, our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing Canadians with some of the most world's most widely used and trusted brands including: JOHNSON'S® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, REACTINE®, BENYLIN®, NICORETTE®, NICODERM® and many more.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, forward-thinking, driven and enthusiastic about Manufacturing Excellence. With key focus on Safety, Quality and Reliability; the candidate will play a pivotal role in the MAKE Excellence team to minimize downtime and drive sustainable improvements in Efficiency and Productivity.
- Leads process improvement opportunities that supports innovation and meet strategic objectives through proactive process review and workflow analysis.
- Ensures effective execution of CI initiatives and programs by applying Agile, Lean, and other process improvement methodologies for prioritization and implementation.
- Spearheads data gathering, root cause analysis, and OEE related improvement initiatives by identifying and eliminating unnecessary complexity in processes
- Partners with leaders to lead impactful strategic goals which translate to define and implement tactical action plans to ensure program goals are achieved within budgetary, time, and organizational parameters.
- Analyze operations to identify key performance metrics and opportunities for effective business operations.
- Establish regular communication with leadership team on performance reporting- ensuring information is relevant, accurate, easy to consume, and conveys improvement opportunities.
- Serves as a change agent by standardizing, benchmarking, operationalizing and sustaining business processes and driving excellence through continuous improvement on the shop floor.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Engineering or Equivalent.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2-4 years of proven experience in Engineering, Operations or Process Excellence/Continuous Improvement
- Experienced in working in a manufacturing environment and well versed with GMPs, OSHA, Health and Safety Requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to be able to lead hands-on improvement projects with Processing and Packaging equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of Business Performance and problem-solving practices such as Lean Manufacturing is required and Agile PM, TQM, PDCA, DMAIC- and proven record of success in applying those are good to have
- Strong understanding of KPI-OEE and its applicable use in improving manufacturing efficiency.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; People person with excellent interpersonal skills, with validated confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Able to use sound judgment and discretion and demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism and initiative to drive the organizational process.
- Note: This position would be required to be on-site and working with multi-functional teams in manufacturing and operations.
- Advanced degree
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Engineering background/experience
- Strong digital competence in applications such as-Power BI, SAP, MS Teams, Excel, Word, Visio, Microsoft Project
- Analytical experience using Control Charts, Hypothesis Testing, Regression Analysis and other statistical tools
- Critical thinking and experience in identifying, analyzing, and solving ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail
- Passion for technology, curiosity to dive deep into Key performance Indicators and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge.
- Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in or demonstrated ability to lead people/teams without formal responsibility and interacting and building rapport with teams of all levels.
- Strong change management and influence skills; ability to challenge status-quo and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective written and verbal communication.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals.
Should you accept this position, it is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you would be an employee of a new entity within New Consumer Health and your employment would be governed by New Consumer Health’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.