We are looking for a multifaceted architect with experience crafting and developing sophisticated software systems and applications. The individual will work with product owners, subject matter experts, and product managers to design and deliver customer value. The role is encouraged to design and lead several software engineers in the delivery of custom cloud native applications. The individual in this role will ensure that best practices are followed, and that quality code is delivered.
- Works with product owner and developers to groom product backlog Provides mentorship on continuous integration and test-driven development practices Develops API strategy for the overall application;
- Develops cloud deployment model of application As needed, develops and tests code for UI, services and integration tiers of an application component;
- As needed, codes in a developer-pair as part of an Agile product-focused software development team;
- Works with products managers and technical product owners to understand business case for adopting cloud native approach to developing software;
- Develops technology strategy for engagement Facilitates removal of client technical barriers to engagement success Ensures technical collaboration between pod teams Technology competency areas – Cloud Native, Microservices and APIs, Reactive Systems, Streaming Pipelines, Devops – CI/CD Key.
- Develops approaches to testing and writes unit tests using Junit or other test frameworks Creates and maintains CI builds using Jenkins, Concourse or similar tool Experience with Serverless, Reginal Deployment, Self-Healing, Compute, Auto scaling, Storage, Gateway, API Management, Networking and Security Constructs.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Coach and mentor Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Agile teams and management to improve agile/lean practices, release planning, Agile ceremonies, Kanban, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery practices;
- Develop appropriate improvement and mentor plans to build self-organizing teams;
- Help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and growing their predictability, collaboration, and quality practices;
- Provide mentorship to the business roles of Product Management;
- Coach and partner with Product Owners with backlog crafting and grooming to ensure vision, roadmap and personas are well-defined and understood;
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability and adaptability;
- Perform ongoing assessment of team agile maturity;
- Work with agile leaders to craft and promote scaled agile transformation;
- Support the quarterly release train planning processes;
- Support an enterprise Agile COE with consistent training and coaching available to the whole of (Company Name);
- Facilitate positive change by providing advice and input on technical direction, tools and processes;
- Potentially serve as Scrum Master for individual teams.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Engineering subjects;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as an application developer;
- Deep understanding of microservices architecture concepts and how to implement them Strong understanding of required patterns (Microservices design: bounded context, event driven and operational isolation; 12 factor apps and principles; API design, management, and implementation;
- Demonstrated knowledge of network and security architectures;
- Shown knowledge of resilient design patterns- Redundancy, autoscaling, health checks, failover strategies, avoidance of cascading failures, operational isolation, etc;
- Understanding of regulatory concerns (e.g., HIPPA, GDPR, CCPA, PII, Nationalistic Isolation (NIST), etc.);
- Deep understanding of software programming fundamental concepts In-depth understanding of Domain Drive Design and 12-Factor applications Experience with continuous integration/deployment tools and best practices in DevOps Has led Agile development teams Demonstrated servant leadership experience