Johnson & Johnson Vision is hiring a Senior Automation & Controls Electrical Engineer in the Jacksonville, FL area!
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com . Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
Performs a variety of engineering functions requiring a wide diversity of technical knowledge involving automation/controls improvement and supporting the introduction of new equipment and new products into manufacturing production . Ensures that manufacturing equipment meets company specifications, schedules and budgets. Takes a primary position in activities involved with sub-contractors from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes. Serves as a resource to other engineering teams in facility or a portion of a given technology. Acts as advocate for continuous improvement of technology and process. Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
- Identifies, plans and implements projects (both major and minor) involved with software automation & controls improvement.
- Qualifies new equipment controls and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet appropriate and applicable engineering/government standards.
- Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems, and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity.
- Provides guidance to other Engineers, Associates, and line technicians in troubleshooting efforts.
- Identifies key opportunities to develop and implement new software and/or controls that will improve efficiency, product yield and safety.
- Identifies key areas and provides technical training and support.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 4 years engineering experience in electrical, PLCs, VFDs
- Strong electrical proficiency and PLC troubleshooting
- Experience reading & updating electrical drawings
- Working experience in SISTEMA Report, Risk Assessment and Safety Matrix
- Engineering experience with high-volume production line environment
- Experience supporting 24x7 manufacturing operations; ability to be on-call during off hours
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- May have leadership responsibilities for one or more employees
- Under general supervision, works within established guidelines and has flexibility as to method, priority and timing of job duties
- Requires moderate amount of initiative and judgment
- Must be willing to work holidays and weekends as needed
- Excellent detail oriented organizational skill
- Ability to work at the Jacksonville, FL site
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestic and/or international
- Advanced Degree
- Minimum 3 years experience working in FDA environment
- Working experience in PILZ
- Working knowledge of Machine Functional Safety
- Working knowledge and/or troubleshooting skills in the following areas: Process improvement, PLC systems, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, equipment process development and mechanical devices, controller, mechanical fabrication design