Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
At Johnson & Johnson, the largest healthcare company in the world, we come together with one purpose: to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Diversity & Inclusion are essential to continue building our history of pioneering and innovation, which has been impacting the health of more than 1 billion patients and consumers every day for more than 130 years. Regardless of your race, belief, sexual orientation, religion or any other trait, YOU are welcome in all open positions at the largest healthcare company in the world.
When You Join Johnson & Johnson, Your Next Move Could Mean Our Next Breakthrough
At Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we are using our breath, scale and experience to reimagine the way healthcare is delivered and to help people live longer, healthier lives.
In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver doctor and patient-centric products and solutions.
We are hiring the best talent for Operator Mechanic 1 to be located in San Lorenzo Puerto Rico.
Under the direction of the Line Facilitator and in compliance with QSR and safety requirements performs necessary setups, repairs, preventive maintenance & operate manufacturing assigned equipment. SECTION 2: DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES* Under (e.g. limited supervision, general direction, etc.) and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
Key Responsibilities :
1. Performs equipment set-up and changeover in a timely manner.
2. The individual will produce different sizes and types of products of high quality and predetermined production outputs.
3. Perform suture and needles change over as required with a high degree of proficiency.
4. Optimize machine performance by observing operating conditions; replenish raw materials and removing product that has cycled through the machine.
5. Use initiatives to assure efficient machine operations and high quality standards.
6. Is responsible for the troubleshooting and corrective actions of the assigned equipment to minimize downtime. In the event that a Maintenance Technician is required he/she will assist the Maintenance Technician.
7. Is responsible for the coordination and execution of Preventive Maintenance to the assigned equipment.
8. Read diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturing specifications related to assigned equipment.
9. Use machine interface software to control machine and document batch information.
10. Troubleshoots computerized equipment.
11. Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
12. Assure proper use of all personal protective equipment, if required, to safely perform the job as necessary.
13. Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/facilitator.
14. Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
15. Ensure safe working conditions and practices in the department.
16. Understands and adheres to ETHICON Production System (EPS) Principles and Rules
Education: Associates degree in Electronics, Electricity and/or Industrial Mechanics, preferred. 2. A relevant combination of education and experience will be considered.
1. Basic English Level
2. Basic or advanced computer management skills.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills.
4. Requires initiative, creativity, assertiveness and troubleshooting abilities.
5. Must be able to work under pressure achieving consistently high results through individual and team efforts.