Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech is recruiting for a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (Commercial). The preferred location is Danvers, MA but candidates will be considered in the US. This position requires up to 50% travel.
Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) will play a key role in cultivating our Patients First culture with our US Commercial field team. The responsibilities of this role will span performance management, employee retention and development, leader and manager coaching, employee relations and HR compliance.
This position will adapt seamlessly, from coaching a senior leader on a retention strategy to helping a frontline employee resolve a workplace concern; from leading a meeting of peers to drive a key initiative to helping a manager refine a job description; from supporting engagement survey action plans to delivering a team effectiveness training.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize HR expertise and in-depth understanding of the business to be a strategic and trusted advisor to the leadership team to champion people strategies that drive business results.
- Implement and continuously improve talent development tools and processes.
- Identify performance needs and gaps to direct the design and execution of succession and workforce planning strategies across the organization.
- Partner with leadership and talent acquisition to develop proactive organizational staffing strategies to recruit and retain top caliber talent in a high-performance environment.
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Facilitate the performance review process in pursuit of a culture of accountability and results-orientation, linking organizational and employee performance.
- Proactively reduce employee relations issues with a pragmatic approach grounded in business need and results. Ensure compliance to company practices and state and federal employment laws including thorough and objective investigations and recommending appropriate action.
- Foster a workplace environment consistent with Abiomed’s Patients First culture.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Leverage HR data (i.e., engagement surveys, hiring metrics, exit surveys) to help leaders identify, diagnose, and respond to people trends in their business; based on analyses, develop, and provide strategic recommendations on programs and HR initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources, Organizational Development or Business Administration; preferably a Masters' degree in an HR-related field or PHR/SPHR certification.
- 8+ years of recent progressive relevant HR experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR-related principles & deep knowledge of state and federal compliance and regulations.
- Experience in med tech, life sciences, pharma or similar industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in consulting with leaders to identify appropriate development experiences and solutions to improve individual and team performance.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and part of a team, to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Capable of coaching and training individuals in critical HR competencies
- Ability to diagnose gaps between current and desired organization performance and deploy actions to resolve gap, including organization redesign, process change, coaching and training.
- Elevated level of interpersonal skills to demonstrate active listening, provide coaching and advising to all levels within the organization and handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to regularly travel to field work locations, up to 50% of the time
For U.S. applicants, in accordance with applicable disclosure requirements, the anticipated base pay range for this position is $88,000 to $160,000.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long-term incentive, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to:
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.