Johnson and Johnson Innovative Medicine - Commercial Strategy and Operations is recruiting for a Manager, Machine Learning and Data Engineering for our Titusville, NJ or Horsham, PA locations. Join us and help build groundbreaking solutions that deliver critical therapies to patients that need them the most!
At J&J Innovative Medicine, what matters most is helping people live full lives. This role will provide innovation leadership, technical skill and commercial business insight to our rare diseases team. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Please visit https://www.janssen.com/johnson-johnson-innovative-medicine for more information.
The Manager, Machine Learning and Data Engineering will play a key role in our artificial intelligence transformation with a primary focus on elevating the capabilities and customer experience for our rare disease community, including physicians, institutions, care givers and patients using artificial intelligence. The candidate must have a strong business intuition, deep knowledge of healthcare industry, be a self-starter, and should be able to adjust quickly to changing needs and priorities.
Scale up, improve and support the Omnichannel machine learning & data engineering capability for the organization and assist senior leadership team by driving our data science & engineering strategy.
- Understand Janssen commercial business unit’s Omnichannel data and functional requirements to scale up and support feature engineering for our therapeutic areas.
- Apply your skills in data science & engineering and bring innovative ideas to develop, test, and measure performance and impact of initiatives.
- Work in collaboration with business and technology teams to present the findings of the machine model runs and data insights to our key decision makers.
- Provide your expertise and point of view on the value and efficiency of new capabilities and technologies in order to advance adoption of data sciences and engineering capabilities across innovative medicine.
- Act as a change agent for making data innovation capabilities more pervasive across the organization by crafting proof of concepts with internal teams and external partners
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree with 7 + years of experience required in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Computational Science. MS or PhD preferred.
- 1 Year of experience leading a team.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven understanding of machine learning algorithms, including one or more machine learning techniques such as regression, decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, neural networks, and/or Bayesian models.
- Experience leading technical and non-technical teams for AI focused initiatives, encouraging partnership and ensuring all parties are engaged.
- Experience working with health care compliance, privacy, and legal teams to keep compliance and patient confidentiality at the core of all solutions.
- Strong expertise with machine learning platforms/environments (python, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, AWS, Python, R, etc.).
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, data transformation, feature creation & engineering, SQL/NoSQL.
- Proven skills in team building, retaining and mentoring emerging talent.
- Presentation skills in front of small/medium audiences.
- Expertise with commercial life science data sets such as LAAD, DDD, Xponent, Speaker Program, Channel Email, Non-Promotional Personal, CRM, Social Media, and Doximity.
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP).
- Knowledge of large language models (e.g., BARD, OpenAI).
- Experience with scientific visualization techniques (RShiny, Tableau, Observable, PowerBI, d3.js).
- This position requires up to 10% domestic travel.
- The anticipated base pay range for this position is: $113K to $170K USD.
- The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Visit http://www.careers.jnj.com/ to learn how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life.