Ethicon is recruiting for a Senior FPGA Engineer - Visualization , in Santa Clara, California.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from building the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing
Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our dedication to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Senior FPGA Engineer is a key team member in the Visualization Platform team, responsible for full design cycle FPGA development for video processing including alignment with requirements, unit test, documentation, regression testing, and functional verification. This role will be working within cross functional team and directly frequently with the Vision Architect.
- Collaborate with partners to finalize RTL design requirements.
- Develop RTL designs taking an ownership role in meeting requirements, building functional simulation, integration, and hardware verification.
- Work closely with FPGA, algorithms, hardware, and embedded software engineers to deliver exemplarily end point functions.
- Intake cross-functional information and map to actionable design improvements.
- Use data-driven development and debug methodologies.
- Establish and maintain strong, productive relationships and collaborations across internal, external, and partner organizations.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical design reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, etc.
- Contribute to all aspects of design control activities throughout the product lifecycle.
- Mentor junior team members in technical expertise, sound engineering practices, and our team culture of curiosity and innovation.
· A BS (Electrical Engineering or related discipline) and a minimum of 4 years of product design/development experience, including demonstrated successes developing real-time video processing or high-speed, low latency solutions for an FPGA or MPSoC OR an MS degree and 3 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in design, implementation, and troubleshooting FPGA designs that include high-speed signal and video interfaces (e.g. Ethernet, MIPI, PCIe, DDR, HDMI, SDI, Display Port, etc.).
- Experience de-composing FPGA requirements into detailed sub modules, interface boundaries, deliverables, and design outputs.
- Direct experience building prototypes, products, and systems for testing; along with setting up and running data-driven, feasibility studies.
- A good understanding of industry standard full-lifecycle product development is required, with a strong preference for direct experience in development for medical devices.
- Experience with FPGA implementations of surgical visualization camera control systems, including interfacing with image sensors and LED/laser light sources, FPGA development, and image signal processing.
- Familiar with surgical visualization, image sensors, frame and line-based image processing, and electronic interfacing of image data streams.
- Experience in product development.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate within and across cross-functional teams is essential.
- Experience with medical device or other regulated, high reliability industry development.
- Experience supporting verification and validation of medical devices or other high reliability products.
- Domestic and international travel of up to 10%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $116,700.00 to $187,795.