Janssen Biologics is currently recruiting a QC Senior Technician within our QC department to strengthen our team. The successful candidate will have a background in the biologics/pharmaceutical/manufacturing industry as well as a relevant laboratory background.
About the Company:
Janssen Biologics B.V. is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and is focused on the development, production and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious diseases. At the Leiden Site, talented and multi-scaled people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points.
Within the QC Lab laboratories of the Janssen Supply Chain the Stability laboratory is responsible for the Release and Stability testing of drug substance and drug product.
The AVA/MYCO department is responsible for testing all AVA and Mycoplasma assays within QC.
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
· Perform various testing on finished products, stability samples and in-process control samples according to GMP/GLP guidelines and SOP procedures in a timely manner.
· Report and review test results
· Adhere to compliance best practices, EHSS regulations and lean principles.
· General lab support functions such as ordering of lab supplies, managing generated waste, equipment handling, preparation of reagents and attending team meetings.
· Identify and call out issues to supervisor in a timely manner.
· Perform other work-related activities assigned by supervisor.
· Advocates for members of the team and acts as a leader in the team.
· Experience in complex methods, troubleshooting, equipment knowledge and result investigations.
· Gains experience and knowledge in team performance, scheduling and metric management.
· Will act as a role model to the team.
· Will coach, support, and proactively help the people on the lab where needed.
· Continuously improves capabilities and expands responsibilities within the lab.
· Initiates and coordinates discussions with quality, engineering, and other relevant departments to develop corrective actions for reoccurring problems.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have the following essential requirements:
· MLO/MBO (or equivalent) or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with 3-5 years of related working experience.
· Written and oral communication skills in English. Dutch is desirable.
· Analytical thinking and (technical) problem solving.
· Pro-active, able to work independently as well as in a team, flexible, organized.
· 3-5 years relevant work experience
· Experienced GMP knowledge