Janssen Supply Group, LLC, part of Janssen Supply Chain (JSC), is recruiting for a Senior Principal Engineer, to be located in Horsham, PA!
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We, the Janssen Supply Group, LLC are a part of Janssen Supply Chain, a global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. With Quality as our primary focus, our group strives to provide access and affordability through innovation and strong collaboration with our R&D and Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need. JSC Global Planning’s mission is to “Ensure reliable product availability to our patients by applying leading planning processes across the supply chain”.
Support the deployment of the MTO aspiration “to innovate to safely supply quality products and services competitively, faster, always”. Responsible for providing advanced engineering and design of manufacturing facilities, systems, and equipment; and providing engineering and technical/business support for new complex production technologies and processing equipment, production network analysis, and Synthes of technology and case analysis. Provide integrated equipment, utility, and facility engineering expertise with an operational focus in support of technology transfer and manufacturing projects to support ‘right first time’ execution and start up.
Develop integrated business solutions for new technology strategies and introduction into manufacturing, site analysis, and strategic manufacturing projects. Develop and deploy Process Fit to Plant (PF2P) methodology that ensures all aspects of the manufacturing process technical transfer are comprehensively and consistently ‘done right’. Leverages internal and external expertise and applies principles of Knowledge Management to drive innovative solutions in engineering support, and process technology. Coordinate with Technical Operations platform to ensure project alignment with technology standards and engineering specifications for manufacturing technology. This is intended to be a general job description and should not be construed as all-inclusive.
- Serve as Process Engineering Domain Expert to develop business based technology solutions and provide integrated equipment, utility, and facility engineering expertise with an operational focus to support execution of manufacturing projects, driving ‘right first time’ start up and execution for strategic and key projects
- Explore and understand Technology and Manufacturing challenges and synthesize business needs, manufacturing requirements, engineering elements, and technology inputs, etc. into business solutions.
- Provide strong technical leadership and expertise for technology transfers and new technology development projects.
- Train and mentor technical community personnel to ensure Process Fit to Plant methodology and practices are ingrained into the execution of all projects and consistently used by the technical community.
- Coordinate with Technical Operations group to ensure alignment on technical standards and project execution for technical transfer projects/NPI
- Provide technical expertise and support to perform due diligence activities for license and acquisition projects; for network strategy and technology strategy projects.
- Provide technical leadership of multi-functional teams on many projects/ process improvements and resolves inter-functional issues.
- High degree of collaboration with internal (manufacturing, quality, engineering) to develop standards and define project needs and priorities; as well as recruiting project team members.
- Extensive interaction with external partners (A&E Firms and construction firms, consulting firms) to remove barriers, clarify roles and responsibilities, and coordinate and implement project plans. The incumbent should demonstrate the following: detail and goal oriented, team work, customer-focus, thorough understanding of GMPs and regulatory requirements.
- The incumbent must also have a thorough understanding of business requirements, effective communication skills, leadership, and interdependent partnering, conflict and risk management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's or equivalent University Degree required; MS/MBA/Ph.D. PE Certificate preferred
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of eight (8) years of related work experience
- Strong technical background in Process and Manufacturing engineering, strong analytical skills to synthesize business needs, manufacturing requirements, engineering elements, and technology inputs, etc. into business solutions
- Operational and financial fundamentals
- The ability to lead and/or support multiple projects simultaneously
- FPX certification and Six Sigma and/or Lean experience are a plus
- Decision-Making, Problem-Solving, competency
- Defines technical or scientific direction of programs composed of multiple complex projects
- Engineers new and modifies existing processes to ensure right first time process start up
- Track record of successful program execution and team outcomes
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in other languages is a plus
- This position may require up to 25% of domestic or international travel based on project business needs
- Works in an international environment across different time zones
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .