Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
At Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, we are using our breadth, scale and experience to reimagine the way healthcare is delivered and help people live longer, healthier lives.
In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopaedics, vision and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver physician and patient-centric products and solutions.
As pioneers in our industry, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care—working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create people-centered healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is recruiting for the District Account Manager role, located in Ahmedabad
The role will be responsible for Sales of Orthopedic Joint Implants like Hips and Knee Replacements in Key accounts. Achieves/exceeds sales targets for the Franchise within a designated territory, and in a manner, consistent with the CREDO, company policy and goals. The Individual Contributor is responsible for closing the sale and positively impacting customer's satisfaction. Has thorough knowledge of the products responsible, and maintains a good understanding of customers’ needs, as well as developments in the market place. Develops long-term positive customer relationships, building loyalty and confidence in J&J Medical as a preferred supplier.
Key Responsibilities :
- Sell franchise products/ implants within a territory
- Work closely with Orthopedic Surgeons, Purchase Department of Hospitals to generate demand and negotiate and close deals
- Provide weekly and monthly sales action plan to manager, reflecting the activities required in each account to achieve sales objectives
- Analyse sales reports to find opportunities, recognize routine problems; analyze causes and recommend solutions
- Able to achieve sales in routine situations, and with guidance when handling more complex deals
- Participate in Trade Displays and Conference when required
- Develop understanding of customer needs to identify sales opportunities
- Attend call from surgeons for daily implant requirements; understand specific implant need and recommend solutions as product consultant to the surgeon
- Identify tender/contract opportunities and work with colleagues to deliver
- With guidance, develop an effective and efficient territory plan
- Identify and train surgeons on new technologies and solutions through consult-in-surgery, one-on-one sales calls, one-to-many training sessions
- Demonstrate Product in one-to-one call and take surgeons through Technical guide for the product
Customer In-service Education & Training
- Work with manager to identify customer in-service needs to support use of products efficiently and effectively
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of customers – CSSD team, OT In-charge and Biomedical person
- With assistance, co-ordinate and deliver in-services education sessions
Key Account Management
- With guidance, prepare a plan to optimize key account development and sales growth
- Identify and document key customers and decision makers
- Be aware of Key Account strategies for growth
- Identify and optimize cross selling opportunities and work with managers/colleagues to realize these
- Handle Key account consigned inventory and maintenance of consigned instruments
- Provide customer support on inventory, within company guideline
Product & Market Knowledge
- Develop understanding and continually enhance personal understanding of product's features, benefits, correct product application and usage and anatomy, physiology and medical procedure knowledge, through practical experience, training programs, and learning from key end-users
- Able to demonstrate application/usage of products and differentiate them from competitor's products
- Develop understanding of competition products, their features-advantages-benefits
- Gather information on current practices, behaviors and attitudes
- Vigilantly obtain usage data of all trained surgeons and monitor adoption
- Develop/implement distribution network for assigned territory
- Maintain stock count of distributor and regular replenishment of stock to ensure 100% completeness of stock for surgeries
- Maintain effectiveness of instruments and regularly initiate replacement of damaged instruments
- Ensure distributor health is as per agreed guidelines
Expense, Equipment and Samples
- Judiciously handle AR, operating expenses, (transportation, A&P, entertainment, travel) while ensuring sustainable productivity
- Seek prior approval for budget variations
- Work within sample issue and co-ordination guidelines
- Agree expense budget/guidelines with immediate Manager
- Plan sample and expense utilization to optimize usage while remaining in budget
- Identify specific actions to improve job performance in specific areas
- Participate in nominated training programs
- Active self-learning strategies to maintain knowledge
- Focused effort to achieve high levels of performance in knowledge tests and competency assessments related to training
- Effectively apply new learning on the job.
Corporate Ethics and Governance
- Maintain a responsible and ethical approach while actively pursuing business outcomes
- Conduct business within ethics and values expressed in Credo
- Relationship with customers based on high ethical standards
- Graduate preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Medical Devices Selling
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in handling HCP KOLs
- Experience in orthopedics/Joints preferred
Should be proficient in Hindi / language of the state and English
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.