Are you passionate about working with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, challenging, and highly collaborative environment focused on delivering best-in-class engineering innovations worldwide? Are you highly motivated and striving to make an impact? We invite you to learn more about the Technology Services team in Singapore and our Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Our products touch the lives of millions of patients every year and you can be part of a growing organization that is focused on providing exciting opportunities for employees to expand their knowledge, skills, and experiences to help ensure continued career growth and development. Our investment in people, technology and innovation make us one of the best places to work, within one of the most admired corporations in the world.
We are currently seeking a Director - Data & Analytics Services to join our ASPAC Technology Services team. This position is a leadership role who will establish teams of Technology Services resources to complete the strategic roadmaps to deliver shared business outcomes for Asia Pacific region. You will lead and shape the cross sector Data Strategy working with business partners, functional leaders and your peers in Technology Services organisation. Drive adoption of Data platform and solution via Technology Engagement Managers to gain a comprehensive, multi-functional, and cross-regional view and build, grow, extend, and prioritize Data & Analytics solutions that most efficiently and optimally achieve these goals. In addition, you will lead the Technology Solution Leads, architects, ML Engineers to continuously critically evaluate technology capabilities to determine value and work with the regional and global leadership to make decisions about further investment based on business needs.
- Lead a team of up to 10 FTEs and 60+ contractor resources to shape the D&A service for J&J businesses in ASPAC
- Deliver and manage a budget of $5-7 MM annual spend on software development, project services and application maintenance connected to Data & Analytics platforms.
- Partner with and provide single point of accountability to Business Technology (BT) team for Data & Analytics products, capabilities and services in Asia Pacific
- Help to establish technology roadmaps to achieve efficient & effective delivery of business & customer value for assigned value stream(s). Own demand shaping and demand intake commitment
- Own End-to-End application development, testing, maintenance, Break/Fix and Support, for the data and analytics systems, driving Data Liquidity, Data Access and platforms for region
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of quality-focused and efficient D&A managers, data architects and data engineers following Agile and Lean software development principles
- Drive innovation and expertise, finding new ways and using emerging technology to shape patient healthcare of the future
- Drive adoption of modern software development approaches and techniques like Agile, DevOps, Design Thinking, Lean Startup and CICD
- Guide and challenge vendor development teams in designing, building and delivering secure, reliable and scalable solutions
- Represent Technology Services team into Data Science Community of practice for J&J Asia Pacific – working closely with Data Scientists from Pharma & Med Tech sectors.
- Collaborate with the global D&A technology teams in identifying and leading the growth and improvement initiatives in Asia Pacific region
- Innovate with solutions to improve Data access, data quality, data availability across all J&J commercial, supply chain and corporate functions with a goal to maximise outcomes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline is required
- 12+ years of software development work experience is required
- 5+ years of experience leading a large delivery team
- 5+ years of experience in developing and leading Data & Analytics/BI systems with programming languages, cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and technologies like AZURE/AWS Big Data stack, Data Virtualization Techologies, MDM Technologies, Python, R, SQL, Talend, Tableau, PowerBI or Qilk
- Experience in Advanced Analytics and Deep Learning solutions is preferred
- Ability to effectively engage with a cross-section of colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, with the ability to convey sophisticated technical ideas to diverse audiences
- Leadership capabilities and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to effectively assimilate team. Ability to recognize and lead the resolution of project issues and roadblocks
- Experience working with IT operations, Network, Cloud, call centre and end user teams to achieve the goals of the sectors
- Experience working with external partners to bring products/services to market from conceptualization to execution stages
- Must be able to empower and encourage people and make tough decisions when vital in a timely manner. Strong interpersonal/project management skills
- Ability to work independently and influence outcomes with / without formal authority as needed
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.