Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Medical Director, Solid Tumor Targeted Therapies (ST3) Oncology, US Medical Affairs to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Medical Director, Oncology - Solid Tumor Targeted Therapies (ST3), U.S. Medical Affairs will support the development and conduct of a variety of Medical Affairs initiatives. These responsibilities include:
- Medical oversight of at least 1 study or project reporting either into the Medical Director, Medical Affairs (MD) or the Head Medical Affairs, ST3 TA (HMA, TA).
- Contribute to the development of the medical strategy for assigned study or project with a goal to address medical and scientific issues and to ensure the appropriate use of relevant Janssen Medical Affairs supported products. The medical strategy will be aligned with MA leadership and integrated evidence team leads (IETLs).
- The role will have some autonomy and will work with MA leadership to devise strategies addressing crucial gaps via critical relationships across Medical Affairs, Global Medical Affairs, R&D, V&E, Commercial and others. He/she will effectively partner with Alliance partner (if applicable) on those activities.
- Individually, provides medical monitoring and medical oversight for company-sponsored Medical Affairs-led interventional and observational clinical trials
- Implement IIS strategy and will contribute to the assessment and supervision of Investigator Initiated Studies conduct (as appropriate)
- Contribute to the medical support in the development of compliant promotional materials and the training of product representatives; supports Commercial functions appropriately.
- Participates and contributes to Advisory Board execution and maintains relationships with external investigators and opinion leaders.
- Supports development of scholarly publications arising from Janssen Medical Affairs studies
- Supports the development of product monographs and responses to product inquiries
- Contributes to and executes ST3 medical strategy for relevant studies or projects
- Contributes to the development of future ST3 MA strategy
- Partners with key internal and external experts as well as Alliance partners (if applicable) on identifying scientific gaps and data generation / communication opportunities.
A Doctorate level degree is required.
An MD is strongly preferred; Medical Oncologists are also strongly preferred
A minimum of one year of Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Research & Development experience in the pharmaceutical industry, or two or more years of relevant clinical research experience, is preferred.
Board certification in Oncology or a related field is preferred
Experience in pharmaceutical trial design and conduct (Phases II-IV) within the pharmaceutical industry, CRO or academia is preferred.
Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are required.
Strong organizational skills are a must.
A demonstrated ability to work in a matrix type environment with interaction with cross-functional teams is preferred.
This role is located in Horsham, PA and may require up to 10% travel.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $155,000 to $266,000.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.