Mentor Worldwide, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Medical Devices Companies, is recruiting for a Process/Continuous Improvement Lead!
Mentor is a leading supplier of breast implants in the global aesthetic market. The company develops, manufactures, and markets innovative, science-based products for surgical and non-surgical medical procedures that allow breast surgery patients to improve their quality of life. The company is focused on two strategic areas: breast reconstruction and breast augmentation. MENTOR® is the only manufacturer whose silicone breast implants are made in the U.S.A. For over 20 years, more than 5 million women have chosen MENTOR® Breast Implants.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team that is helping improve patient care and drive innovation? Apply today for this exciting opportunity!
The Process/Continuous Improvement Lead provides leadership and direction for industrial/process engineering resources and activities. This role is a direct leader for a small engineering and technician team that partners with manufacturing and quality in the identification, definition, and execution of projects and delivers technical requirements for the launch of products as well as continuous improvement of the product's supply chain capabilities.
- Leads and coordinates process engineering staff work assignments.
- Accountable and responsible to drive continuous improvement culture to improve the performance and efficiency of Manufacturing lines.
- Coordinates the staff with internal (manufacturing, quality, engineering) and external partners to plan and execute project plans.
- Assigns tasks according to projected scopes including compliance and quality improvement, cost reduction, cycle time reduction, capacity increase, raw material qualification, and launch preparation.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Partners (i.e., Production Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, etc.), to deliver safe, reliable, high-quality products for our patients at a reasonable cost.
- Facilitates resolution of complex technical and operational problems.
- Promotes innovation initiatives for new products and ideas.
- Implements multiple new product development plans and programs.
- Guides smooth execution of plans and programs at lower levels and cross-functionally.
- Utilizes and schedules the proper level of resources to facilitate attainment of project goals within established timelines and budgets.
- Arranges staff and company compliance with all local government and company regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Reviews, edits and finalizes technical documentation to verify compliance with technical specifications and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, Science or Continuous Improvement related fields.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience
- Experience within a GMP and/or ISO-regulated manufacturing environment
- Solid computer skills, including Windows and Microsoft Office software experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- People leadership/management experience (direct or indirect reports)
- Experience with ISO9001 or ISO13485
- Experience with NCR process, CAPA, and other quality system components
- Lean/Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools and methodologies experience, training, or certification
- General knowledge of capacity planning including ERP and Manufacturing Processing Systems (MPS)
- Proven experience revising site documentation to improve operations (logbooks, process sheets, work instructions, training guides, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong project/initiative management skills and the ability to lead and facilitate project improvements
- Requires onsite presence with the ability and flexibility to work operational hours Monday-Friday and provide support on the weekends or other shifts as needed.
- Requires up to 10% domestic travel
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com (http://www.careers.jnj.com).