Sterilmed Inc. is recruiting for a Staff Product Management Engineer , located in Plymouth, MN.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
The Staff Product Management Engineer will lead and provide direction for new product introduction design transfer into manufacturing. Strong focus will also be collaboration with core team members and key sponsors and partner to ensure robust and on time transfer with External Manufacturer.
Under general direction and in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Develop and confirm methods for reprocessing of assigned devices
- Write equipment qualification and test method validation documentation and conduct required testing as needed
- Design and build new components and assembly tooling
- Perform testing and inspection functions including forensics and root cause analysis
- Assist regulatory compliance efforts and verification and documentation related to engineering standards
- Author, revise, train, and provide support for production work instructions for design transfer into manufacturing
- Identify new processing needs
- Role may include project and team management responsibilities
- Committed to building a positive culture
- Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years of increasingly responsible product/process Engineering experience
- Experience with DOE, FMEA, GMP, and QSR
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong statistical skills and knowledge of statistical software
- Ability to work within an ISO structured quality system
- Knowledge of engineered materials and fabrication methods
- Good planning, multi-tasking, and project management skills
- Demonstrated track record of completing projects on time and accomplishing goals
- Ability to function independently and interact with co-workers to accomplish company goals in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills & ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in and manage multiple priorities in fast-paced & stressful environment
- Analytical/Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to learn
- Prior experience in the medical device industry
- Solidworks knowledge
- Up to 10% domestic travel is required
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.