Johnson & Johnson is the world´s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services.
The company is operating in the fields of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and consumer health care products with 128,000 employees in more than 250 companies around the world.
At Johnson & Johnson we are redefining how healthcare is delivered, and technology is a central component of that transformation.
Johnson & Johnson - Technology Services (TS) is recruiting for a NAS Storage Lead, located in Beerse, Belgium.
This position will be the primary NAS engineer in EMEA region, functionally reporting into the Global TS CloudX Storage manager, supported by a local Line manager in Beerse.
In collaboration with the global storage team, you will act as the primary EMEA (NAS / Cloud) file-serving solutions support contact for our customers, regional PM’s / Architects, Site Leads, Beerse DC team, CloudCity team and additionally will also be the regional contact for all storage related vendors.
Besides the operational work the NAS lead will be offered opportunities to collaborate on performing engineering work with engineering colleagues (US) to develop new solutions.
Position task examples (include but not limited to).
- Lifecycle activities for 7-mode GFS & application NAS (deployment and migration).
- New in region application NAS deployments and overall capacity management.
- Data OnTap in a hybrid cloud environment: CVO (Cloud Volumes) deployments and support. On-premises NAS data Migration to Cloud.
- Support regional Co-Location (NTT-UK) site closure; move remote site NAS backups to Beerse, migrate Primary “GFS” Beerse to Google Cloud Platform.
- Deploy & support the storage part of the Nvidia DGX Superclusters in Beerse and Raritan.
- Provide mentorship to Cloudcity team migrating personal- and departmental-data to Cloud.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensure ongoing operational soundness of the hybrid cloud storage infrastructure by taking actions that may require widespread changes to the storage environment.
- Engage in continuous improvement efforts across the storage infrastructure to maintain outstanding business experience.
- Operationalize new and/or upgraded storage infrastructure to ensure compatibility with existing and to meet all regional and global standards and regulations.
- Provide storage engineering level (L3 or higher) assistance during business-critical incidents or escalations and handle the reliability process related to the incident outcome.
- Be a technology point of contact for the managed service storage vendor providing technical and process mentorship to ensure their effective delivery of services.
- Develop and coordinate automation capabilities to improve supportability, reduce errors and reduce time to deliver to the business.
- Evaluate and introduce new Cloud based capabilities to increase operational efficiency.
- Be an ambassador of storage technologies to other infrastructure teams and business teams to provide outstanding solutions.
- Partner with external service providers to provide talent and services to drive high standards.
- Drive innovation through automation of services and capabilities.
- A degree in STEM field preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant technology experience.
- Demonstrated experience in an engineering and operations capacity supporting a global enterprise business-level infrastructure.
- Demonstrate solid sense of urgency and accountability with a bias for action.
- Validated experience as a domain expert for NAS technologies related to NetApp products running Data OnTap in a hybrid cloud environment (On-Premises, AWS, AZU, GCP)
- Understanding of virtualization, server OS, network, and other technologies.
- Cloud (Azure or AWS or GCP) knowledge
- Experience working in a DevOps or Scrum methodology.
- A self-starter with positive relationship abilities and customer service skills.
- Understanding of cloud-related storage technologies across all major hyper-scalers is preferred.
- Experienced with the use of ServiceNow is preferred.
- A very good communicator, able to adapt communication depending on the customer, with End Users, IT technical experts or business executives
- Proficient in English and Dutch (preferred)
In return, we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader
- A dynamic and encouraging working environment, at a regional and global level
- Many opportunities to work on exciting projects and assignments
- Possibilities for further personal as well and professional development
- Many employees benefit
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company credo. Individuals who wish to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have exciting work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation, and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.