Janssen Research & Development, a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Global Head of Preclinical Sciences & Translational Safety Strategic Sourcing to be based in Spring House, PA or Beerse, Belgium.
The Senior Director, Global Head of Preclinical Sciences & Translational Safety (PSTS) Strategic Outsourcing will serve as a key partner to the VP, Global Head of PSTS Operations, In Vivo Sciences, & Animal Welfare and the PSTS Global Leadership Team (GLT). The role will have overall strategic and operational oversight responsibilities across PSTS’s multi-million-dollar externalized business partner partnerships and outsourcing activities across our Contract Research Organization (CRO) global network.
The role will partner with the PSTS Global Leadership team and functional leaders to develop and execute of harmonized global outsourcing strategy, including ensuring execution of related operational planning. Key areas of accountability include the follow: ·
Oversight of in-house versus outsource strategies and capability reviews in partnership with the GLT and other functional leaders
· Development and oversight of PSTS outsourcing key performance indicators (KPIs) and strategy (speed, output, resource implications, etc.) · Vendor qualifications (capabilities/standards) and validation in partnership with functional teams
· Oversight of in-house versus outsource strategies and capability reviews in partnership with functional teams
· PSTS/CRO governance frameworks and relationship management approaches, including escalation, engagement and disengagement procedures
· Externalized Portfolio study budget forecasting in partnership with PSTS Business Operations and functional teams
· Long-term strategic planning, including vendor optimization and continuous improvement/change management for partnerships
· Oversight of PSTS Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Consultant model ensuring the effective engagement of partners to ensure optimized relationship management
· Provide guidance and ensures alignment with J&J policies and standards related to externalized business partners, including applicable procurement practices
· Serve as a point of escalation for issue resolution and mitigation
The Senior Director, Global Head of PSTS Strategic Outsourcing will be responsible for fostering a collaborative culture and will work with a large number of internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes. The person in this role will serve as a visible and effective change agent for global initiatives and will seek to provide strategic decision-making for all areas of responsibility while nurturing the ideas of others.
The Senior Director, Global Head of PSTS Strategic Outsourcing will be a member of the PSTS Operations Leadership team and will serve as a primary delegate for the Global Head of PSTS Operations, In Vivo Sciences & Animal Welfare in all operational areas globally. As a member of the PSTS Operations Leadership team, the person in this role will be responsible for the review and approval of all PSTS operational strategies as well as be a primary contributor to issue review and recommendation/resolution processes. The role will serve as a global champion and leader for staff change management and engagement strategy, continuous improvement projects that promotes individual development, team development, development of institutional knowledge and best practices for leveraging the entire PSTS network in an optimal manner.
This role will directly and indirectly (through matrix relationships) lead a team of operational professionals providing leadership, mentorship, and career development opportunities for the global team members. This role will be responsible for future capital planning, innovation strategy, budget, resourcing and timeline commitments for operational activities.
The Senior Director, Global Head of PSTS Strategic Outsourcing will have a desire for learning and innovation and continue career development through participation in scientific & operational meetings, and increase visibility for self, Janssen R&D, and J&J through participation in external organizations focused on operational best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Science or Business Management
- Working knowledge of nonclinical sciences and related business practices
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to drive for global alignment, efficiency, quality and innovation
- Demonstrated success at developing highly collaborative and effective relationships in complex, highly matrixed organization
- Ability to present and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders across various levels in the organization and externally· Demonstrated ability to develop and lead the execution of strategy and business transformation and initiatives
- People leadership and change management experience
- Experience in assessing technology, external environment & R&D process requirements to successfully drive operational productivity, strategy optimization, process improvements, and efficiencies Ability to translate data into information and strategies into executable action plans