HR Leader, Employee & Labor Relations (ID: 2206083698W)
"Caring for the world… one person at a time” … inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo .
The HR Leader Employee and Labor Relations has responsibility to manage our employment contracts, policies, general terms of employment and the delivery of Employee and Labor Relations Services in Switzerland. Is responsible for effective management of Employee Relations matters (grievances, discipline management) and Labor Relations matters during workforce events which includes negotiations of social plans, management of Work Councils and external Stakeholders.
You will proactively provide expert testimony in legal proceedings related to labor relations and employee relations. Act as advisor on matters related to the administration of contracts, employee discipline and grievance procedures. You drive initiatives to increase Employment and Labor Relations awareness towards our Business Leaders and employees and you are the person to go when it comes to coach and advise our workforce on Employment and Labor Relations matters.
Our group provides expert consulting and advisory services to Business Leaders and our diverse HR functions.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Drives, supporting and enabling our People Leaders to manage direct interventions to manage most sensitive cases and or escalations
- Acts as Guardian of our Credo
- Monitor Swiss labor law legislations and define contract proposal for implementation
- Monitor company adherence to labor agreements and drives and manages local Work Councils landscape
- Manage the operational plans to increase the effectiveness of services while improving the customer experience
- Employee Relations – ensure timely and compliant handling of all Grievance and Discipline requests. Coach & train managers on managing performance issues
- Labor Relations: recommend collective bargaining strategy, goals and objectives; ad hoc Labor Relations consulting; legal advisor for major workforce events (M&A, Divestitures, Restructuring…)
- Investigate and evaluate union and employee complaints
- Review and approve employee disciplinary actions
- Act as mediator or arbitrator for labor disputes or contract negotiations
- Train managers on topics related to employment and labor relations, such as working conditions, discipline management and/or equal opportunity practices.
- Degree in Employment/Labor Law, experience in the field of Employment & Labor Relations, Labor Law, solid HR experience
- Experience as a Labor Law advisor and/or Labor Relations specialist and/or HR Specialist
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing, planning and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives.
- Influence leadership skills, in an indirect, matrix-based, and virtual environment
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Influence, negotiation and consultative skills
- Professional literacy in English & German language.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.