DePuy Synthes Companies, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Project Manager II - R&D, to be located in Raynham, Massachusetts
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com
The Project Manager II - R&D, will work for the DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine and Shoulder business which develops, manufactures, and markets innovative solutions for a wide range of mobility therapies, including total shoulder orthopaedic devices, and arthroscopic capital equipment and soft tissue devices for shoulder, knee, and hip pathologies.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- The candidate will work within the Partner Enabled Innovation (PEI) team, collaborating with external development partners to design, develop, and manufacture implant and instrument solutions
- The candidate will lead a cross-functional, new product development team through design feasibility, implementation, verification, validation, process verification/validation, and risk management of Class I-III medical devices / capital equipment.
- The candidate will set clear expectations for the project team, establish roles and responsibilities, track and motivate the team to complete deliverables on time utilizing Agile methodology and planning tools.
- This candidate will be responsible for communication of project status to all project stakeholders: project meeting minutes, regular presentations, monthly updates and any status or project information needed.
- The candidate must demonstrate a passion for guiding the team to find innovative solutions to complex problems, possess strong communication skills & ability to collaborate across functions & our development partners to achieve goals.
- B.S. in Bio/Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field is required
- Master’s degree in Bio/Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field is preferred
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in product development
- A minimum of 1 years of project management experience
- Experience leading a cross-functional team
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Experience leading and supporting various aspects of Design Control, Requirements Management, Verification & Validation (V&V), Planning, Design Methods throughout the full development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience working with stakeholders to develop project plans and project risk analyses.
- Experience with vendor management.
- The ability to work within a cadaver lab and operating room setting
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Medical device industry experience
- Managing project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques
- Experience with JIRA and Microsoft Project
- This position is located in Raynham, MA, and requires up to 10% travel (Domestic/international)
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.