Janssen Scientific Affairs, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Therapeutic Area Lead, Lymphoid and Myeloid Malignancies (TAL-LMM), Oncology, located in Horsham, PA.
Key responsibilities include:
- The Therapeutic Area Lead, Lymphoid and Myeloid Malignancies, MA Oncology (TAL, LMM) will lead a multifaceted critical function for the operating company by supporting multiple products in the lymphoid and myeloid malignancy space, reporting directly into the VP, Medical Affairs, Oncology & Hematology. A strong insight into the lymphoid and myeloid malignancy therapeutic area and knowledge of the US market is required.
- The TAL, LMM will be part of the Medical Affairs Leadership Team.
- The TAL, LMM will be an expert in medical strategy development and will lead a group of Medical Directors (MDs) to develop overall strategy for lymphoid and myeloid malignancy products under his/her supervision with a goal to address medical and scientific issues and to ensure the appropriate use of all relevant Janssen Medical Affairs supported products.
- The TAL, LMM will identify and devise strategies to address crucial gaps using critical relationships across Medical Affairs, Global Medical Affairs, R&D, RW V&E (HECOR), Commercial, and others. He/she will lead and effectively partner with relevant Alliance partner companies on those activities.
- Elevates needs for funding to MA VP and US Franchise President
- Through MDs and others will provide medical monitoring and medical oversight for company-sponsored Medical Affairs-led interventional and observational clinical trials
- Oversees development and implementation of Investigator Initiated Study (IIS) strategy and assesses and supervises IIS conduct with the support of direct reports.
- Oversees the medical support in the development of compliant promotional materials and the training of product representatives; will adequately support Commercial functions.
- Oversees development and implementation of Advisory Board strategy and maintain relationships with external investigators and opinion leaders.
- Ensures development of scholarly publications arising from Janssen Medical Affairs studies and works with Scientific Communications team on broader communication strategy.
- Supports the development of product monographs and responses to product inquiries
- MD (Medical Oncologist and / or hematologist) preferred, consideration will also be made for individuals with a PharmD or PhD
- Experience and knowledge in treatment of lymphoid and myeloid malignancies, drug development, and Medical Affairs
- 10 years of relevant experience (including subspecialty training), at least 5 years in relevant position in pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong track record in developing and implementing clinical research and medical strategies including evaluation of value-oriented research and communication strategies.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.