Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Spring 2023 Co-op, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Co-op will be a member of the Drug Product Development& Device (DPD&D) organization. The candidate for this position will join the team responsible for evaluation and implementation of new, cutting-edge technologies into manufacturing.
- The individual will gain experience in parenteral formulation, drug delivery, process development, process optimization, and laboratory analytical methods.
- Evaluate nanoparticle platform process development within Janssen LM DPD& D team.
- Perform process characterization studies which can include particle fabrication, ultrafiltration and dia-filtration, fill finish in applicable containers at representative laboratory scale.
- Evaluate alternative RNA drug delivery systems and or processes to improve drug product attributes including storage stability.
- Submits data and outcomes to manager and collaborates on next steps
- Operates current laboratory equipment and instruments and adheres to laboratory safety and SOPs
- Follows standard procedures and suggests areas for improvement
- Supports accurate record keeping and experimental data with the use of statistical packages and standard databases
- Contributes data to tech reports and manuscripts
- A basic understanding of manufacturing principles and processes, preferably with an application to large molecule production.
- Basic understanding and ability to perform data evaluation and statistical analysis.
- Ability to contribute toward and write technical documents as well as the ability to clearly communicate findings and progress to management.
- Motivated, self-starter able to work independently with guidance from manager.
- Wet lab experience is preferred.
- Fluid dynamics simulation experience is a plus.
The candidate will be pursuing Masters or PhD (preferred) with major in Chemical or pharmaceutical engineering, material science or a related field
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Travel: 0% - project dependent
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.