At Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, we help more than 1.2 billion people live healthier lives, every day from their very first day. As ONE agile team of 19,000 employees worldwide, we are a vibrant part of Johnson & Johnson. We are industry leaders in health, earning the #1 or #2 position in most of the categories in which we compete. Our iconic brands are rooted in science and endorsed by professionals. From drawing a baby’s bath and healing cuts and scrapes to protecting skin from the sun and soothing aches and pains, people have turned to our innovations for more than 130 years. Our portfolio of differentiated brands, including TYLENOL®, ZARBEE’S NATURALS®, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, LISTERINE®, OGX® and JOHNSON’S®, combines the power of science with meaningful human insights to help people care for themselves and those they love.
Are you ready to impact the world?
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health is recruiting for the class of 2023 Consumer MBA Summer Associates. Our purpose in Consumer is helping people around the world by anticipating their needs, while crafting solutions and experiences that help them live happy, healthy, and dynamic lives.
Do you have a passion for marketing and want to work on mega brands that consumers rely on and trust? Do you want a career working for an outstanding CPG organization with iconic brands and a focus on Health and Wellness? If so, a career with us might be the perfect fit for you.
The J&J Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across three distinct business units.
- Consumer Health Care, primarily located in Central New Jersey (Skillman campus) brands include: LISTERINE®, ROGAINE®, and BAND-AID®.
- Our Skin Care brands located in Skillman, NJ include JOHNSON’S BABY®, AVEENO® and LUBRIDERM® and based out of Los Angeles, CA is NEUTROGENA® and CLEAN & CLEAR®
- Our Self Care business is located in Fort Washington, PA, brands include: TYLENOL®, MOTRIN® IB, BENADRYL®, ZYRTEC®, LACTAID® and SUDAFED®.
As a Marketing Summer Associate, you become an integral part of a Brand Team. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Assuming key Brand responsibilities including advertising, consumer promotion, market research, product/package improvements and a multitude of other fun, interesting and educational projects which he or she can own.
- You will be given the opportunity to interact with senior management including a final summer project recommendation.
Past projects have included:
- Identifying a strategic roadmap to expand a brand into e-commerce.
- Develop cross-branding strategy and campaign platforms to drive equity, expand usage, and build regimen.
- Assess, forecast, and report business trend drivers.
- Invent efficient education strategy for reaching and influencing pharmacy and in store health clinic professionals.
You would report to management supervisors and have opportunities to present key project findings and recommendations to business leaders. These and many other program features are collectively designed to provide a magical experience, Exposure, Environment and Education that challenges and develops MBA students personally and professionally.
Internship locations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Skillman, New Jersey
- Ft. Washington, Pennsylvania
- Los Angeles, California
You should meet the following requirements:
- Legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. and do not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- Currently Graduate student pursuing a MBA or other business-related Master's degree planning to obtain their degree between December 2023 and June 2024
- Concentration in Brand Management or Marketing is preferred
- Experience working in the Consumer Products Industry is preferred
- The ideal person would possess excellent creative instincts and be a member of a cross-functional team.
- You should possess a keen marketing/consumer curiosity and the strong leadership skills to pursue each project with enthusiasm and passion.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals. Should you accept this position, it is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you would be an employee of a new entity within New Consumer Health and your employment would be governed by New Consumer Health’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.