Abiomed, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Electronics Test Technician II to be located in Danvers, MA.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The Electronics Test Technician II will provide test and calibration for our high quality medical devices.
- Perform in-process and final inspections of electromechanical systems.
- Perform tests, calibrations, and alignment checks in accordance with detailed procedures, making adjustments, modifications, and replacements as required and report data in a prescribed format.
- Confers with engineering personnel to resolve functional failures. Readily applies newly obtained knowledge to identify root cause.
- Assist engineers in developing or improving production processes as problems are identified.
- Read/interpret test procedures, detailed schematics, engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, bill of materials and engineering change orders.
- Packaging of completed product.
- Adhere to general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and procedures, QSR, GMP and FDA regulations.
- Regularly interface with ERP system (SAP), performing material movements and drafting clear and concise Non Conforming Material Records.
- High School graduate or equivalent required. AS in a technical field preferred
- 4 years of related work experience desired. Medical device experience preferred.
- Understanding of electronic theory desired.
- Ability to troubleshoot Printed Circuit Assemblies to component level desired.
- Must possess the ability to perform functional testing of electromechanical system, executing released maintenance practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply principles of electronics theory, instructing others in problem resolution.
- Knowledge of lean, six sigma, kaizen, and continuous improvement concepts required.
- Ability to execute tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and department priorities.
- Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Office
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.