Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission of Recovering Hearts & Saving Lives. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed’s 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst to help execute and enable our financial planning and reporting capability as part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech (JJMT). The Senior Financial Analyst, Group Finance will partner across various levels of the Finance Organization to lead the consolidation and reporting of our financial statements and management of forecast updates and latest thinking. The Senior Financial Analyst will support the integration of Abiomed into JJMT, meeting our planning and reporting responsibilities, while helping to grow the business and shape the standard of care in heart recovery. This position will report to the Finance Manager, Group Finance, and have a direct line to the Abiomed CFO.
· Manage the gathering, compilation and submission of financial reporting requirements for multiple management reporting companies and the roll-up of consolidated financial results and forecasts.
· Prepare and support the review and analysis of the consolidated P&L and balance sheet.
· Standardize, simplify, and automate consolidated forecasting and reporting processes.
· Partner with other finance groups in the J&J organization, to ensure accurate financial results and reporting.
· Consolidate, challenge, and present forecast updates and latest thinking.
· Manage and update forecast reporting submissions and ad-hoc forecast requests/analysis.
· Collaborate with budget owners to develop accurate forecasted results for consolidated financial statements.
· Prepare and present forecast update presentations for senior leaders, using executive-level framing to shape the key messages.
· Prepare cash flow statement and free cash flow analyses using key metrics (i.e., working capital).
· Collaborate with internal (Abiomed finance and Abiomed business partners) and external (third party consultants and integration teams) partners to manage key finance integration workstreams in connection with the J&J’s acquisition of Abiomed.
· Support the global adoption and implementation of world-wide accounting policies and procedures.
· Perform accounting analysis and valuations for contingent consideration arrangements in accordance with world-wide policies.
· Lead project-specific initiatives for Abiomed, focused on process improvement and financial compliance.
· A minimum of a bachelor's degree, preferably with a major in Accounting/Finance is required.
· CPA, CMA, MBA, or other financial certifications are preferred.
· 3-5 years of progressive finance and accounting experience with multinational companies, is required.
· Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (i.e.: VLOOKUP functions, formulas, pivot tables).
· Knowledge and application of technical accounting and compliance is required.
· The ability to think strategically and creatively and work in a team environment is required.
· Strong communication with superior presentation/framing skills with ability to build and maintain trusted partnerships & influence at all levels, operate with a high degree of independence, have the proven ability to lead, plan, prioritize effectively.
· Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Very well-organized in task and business results/framing with an eye toward the future.
· Knowledge of general finance/accounting processes is required.
· The position in based in Danvers, MA, and a minimum of 5% domestic travel may be required.
At Abiomed we reward results in competitive ways! This includes a rewarding patient first career, health and wellness benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match. The base salary range for this role is [[salaryMin]] - [[salaryMax]] . This role is also eligible for a competitive bonus that is based off employee’s performance and can be accelerated based off results.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.