For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
DePuy Synthes, as part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is the largest, most innovative, and comprehensive orthopaedic business in the world. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative treatments, we are inspired to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of Products, Services and Enabling Technologies in the areas of Joint Reconstruction, TECA, Spine, Sports Medicine and Power Tools.
The future of healthcare is Digital Surgery. The convergence of surgical technology, real time data and intelligence is bringing unprecedented changes to healthcare. Johnson & Johnson MedTech is at the forefront of shaping that future. Digital, Robotics and Services will continue to underpin any advancements in the Digital Surgery space. Therefore, it is critical that our platform is supported by an exceptional specialist’s expertise.
The VELYS Digital Surgery (VDS) & Knee Restoration Business Development Specialist is responsible for driving market growth for Knee Solutions, and driving adoption and maintaining expert knowledge on VDS portfolio.
You will shape and accompany execution of marketing plans and successful commercialization of VDS and Knee Restoration portfolio. Understanding the market and building value propositions and delivering a compelling brand story in Capital, Digital and Knee Restoration key member of the VDS & Capital organization in Spain.
As a VELYS Clinical Expert and Knee Reconstruction developer, you will promote assigned portfolio, provide on-site expert support, training, education and assistance to customers before, during and after surgical procedures, resolving clinical and product issues. You will also be providing training and education to internal stakeholders, handing over deployments to local account teams.
Tasks & Responsibilities as VELYS Clinical Specialist
- Serve as front-line specialist for VELYS Solutions to HCPs before, during and after surgical procedures. Considered reference expert in field within the organization.
- Train and guide surgeons, OR staff and other hospital teams in the use of VELYS Digital Surgery platform solutions including set-up and shift from conventional to navigated or robotic assisted procedures.
- Provide first line troubleshooting related to the robotic assisted solution and partner closely and effectively with Field Service team to ensure technical issues are resolved and maintenance is delivered.
- Serve as clinical expert for selling activities for the Robotic-Assisted Solution and Knee Portfolio, including Commercial and Professional Education facilitation and being well-versed in the use of VELYS Robotic procedure and Attune Knee System.
- Lead education of new specialists and local Sales Consultants to take-over the clinical support after the account hand-over is completed, following-up the account post-implementation.
- Contributes feedback on product design to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
Tasks & Responsibilities as Knee Restoration Developer
- In collaboration with BU Lead, BDM, Marketing, evaluates market potential and implements a bold strategy in the market to increase market share, by setting goals and creating connections with key customers.
- Understands scientific and economic evidence to ensure proper communication of value propositions.
- Forges solid connections, collaborations, and alliances with KOLs, medical associations and internal partners. Uses KOL feedback and market tendencies to improve strategy and create long-term CEPG.
- Conducts and implements complex Market Development and Field Marketing activities.
- Builds a pipeline of business opportunities/initiatives to maximize VELYS+Attune brand growth.
Experience, skills, and competencies:
- Min 3-5 years of experience in commercial roles (including Marketing and Product Management).
- Mini 3-5 years of medical device sales or capital equipment usage in OR setting required.
- Experience with Joint Reconstruction in Hips / Knees and Surgical Navigation is highly preferred.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills.
- Integrity Selling experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to establish a vision, a project plan and then execute proactively within a team.
- Ability to prioritize and to successfully lead multiple priorities as the directly responsible individual in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think, plan and deliver commitments.
- Results & Performance Driven: assumes ownership and accountability for business results and solutions.
- Leads by influence: Has the ability to drive action and collaborate effectively along with multiple stakeholders without having a direct reporting line.
- Ability to frame a story and align others to a business building outcome.
- Team Player, work closely with VELYS Digital Surgery Partners, Field Service and DPS Joints Recon to show unified approach in maximizing the customer experience.
- Quickly identify and solve problems on-the-go.
- Self-starter, ability to work without daily direction to maximize results.
Education and Qualification
- Education: University degree or equivalent
- Languages: Fluent in Spanish and English
Travel requirements up to 70%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.