Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting Sophomores, Juniors and rising Seniors for internships in Research & Development (R&D) located in Irvine, CA.
- Intern will work on developing design input and actual concepts for a new insertion system
- Intern will generate ideas, plan feasibility of product up to initial go-no go decision with the help of the Insertion Systems group
- Intern will work with project engineers and technicians (Insertion Systems R&D)
- Looking for applicants who are: Actively pursuing at a minimum a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or a related academic field is required
- Data driven, attentive to detail, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks and assignments
- Comfortable working both individually and as part of a collaborative team
- Enrolled (not necessarily taking classes) at an accredited college/university during the co-op/internship period with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is required
- Self-motivated individual interested in gaining hands-on experience and who had shown interest in development of innovative technologies
- Demonstrated leaders with participation in campus/community service activities ( preferred )
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) is required and statistical analysis tools (e.g., Minitab, Jmp, etc.) is preferred
- Able to provide their own transportation to Santa Ana and to/from work is required
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the internship period is required
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within their team.
- Able to follow safety and environmental policies and procedures, supporting department objectives, and demonstrate and maintain behavioral standards in line with company standards and policy.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .]