Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Director, U.S. Medical Affairs- Lung and Precision Medicine Therapeutic Area, Solid Tumor Oncology to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
· The Medical Director (MD), Medical Affairs will have medical oversight for at least one project and/or product for the Lung and Precision Medicine Therapeutic Area reporting into the Head, Lung and Precision Medicine TA.
- The MD Lung and Precision Medicine Therapeutic Area may develop or contribute to the medical strategy for assigned projects / products with a goal to address medical and scientific issues and to ensure the appropriate use of relevant Janssen Medical Affairs supported products. The medical strategy will be aligned with MA leadership and integrated evidence team leads (IETLs). This role may also support the precision medicine strategy for assigned projects/products.
- This role will have some autonomy and will work with MA leadership to devise strategies addressing crucial gaps via critical relationships across Medical Affairs, Global Medical Affairs, R&D, RWV&E, Commercial and others. He/she will lead and effectively partner with Alliance partner (if applicable) on those activities.
- Provides medical monitoring and medical oversight for company-sponsored Medical Affairs-led interventional and observational clinical trials.
- Contributing to strategy around, approval of and implementation of Investigator Initiated Study (IIS) strategy as well as assessment and supervision of IIS conduct (as appropriate).
- Oversee the medical support in the development of compliant promotional materials and the training of product representatives and other internal and external stakeholders; supports Commercial functions appropriately.
- Participates and contributes to Advisory Board strategy and execution and maintains relationships with external investigators and opinion leaders.
- Supports development of scholarly publications arising from Janssen studies.
- Support the development of product monographs and responses to product inquiries.
- The position is based in Horsham PA.
- PharmD, PhD required. An MD is strongly preferred. Medical Oncologist also strongly preferred
- Board certification in Oncology or related field is preferred.
- Experience in solid tumors, preferably lung cancer, biomarkers and diagnostics is preferred.
- Experience working with Real World (RW) databases preferred
- A minimum of three years of clinical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent subspecialty training is strongly preferred
- Experience in pharmaceutical trial design and conduct (Phases II-IV) within the pharmaceutical industry, CRO or academia is preferred.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a matrix type environment with interaction with cross-functional teams is preferred.
- This position requires up to 25% annual travel (domestic and international).
Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.