Position: Senior Manager - Equipment Maintenance & Reliability
Reporting to: Business Unit Manager
Location: Castletroy, Limerick (onsite role)
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
A Career with J&J Vision Ireland:
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Equipment Maintenance & Reliability. This position will be located in Castletroy, Co. Limerick, Ireland.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life - to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Ireland are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”
The Senior Manager, Equipment Maintenance & Reliability is responsible for establishing of Site Assets strategy and organization in alignment with “Best in Class” maintenance standards and overall long-term strategy for the site. This position will be responsible for the Management of Spare Parts and Preventative Maintenance functions for the manufacturing fleet in alignment with the Site assets standard expectation.
The successful candidate will develop strategy and the subsequent execution of Reliability goals and objectives for the function/department inclusive of Quality System requirements, Customer Service, EHS regulations, and People development. Position will ensure full alignment with the Plant’s G&O’s and will monitor and enforce compliance to all company policies and procedures.
As a leader, the Senior Manager, Equipment Maintenance & Reliability will proactively challenge existing paradigms leading to breakthrough business improvement initiatives aligned to the strategic business plan. You will engage, inspire, empower, and coach a highly competent team, and collaborate both horizontally and vertically across functions, sites and the overall enterprise to enable year over year growth, successful new product launches, process simplification and technology development.
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
- Develop a site-level reliability strategy, plan, and actions to support improved production capabilities and ensure prioritized, efficient, and cost-effective maintenance activities.
- Develop a 5-year improvement plan for the maintenance team and programs.
- Maintain a maintenance metric dashboard to drive improvement and prioritize actions.
- Develop a strong cost management structure for Maintenance that identifies opportunities to improve our business and provides for short and long-term actions that reduce cost.
- Develop direct reports, and other leaders and subordinates through training, and collaborative problem solving.
- Lead the development of asset management plans, preventive/predictive maintenance programs, and long-term maintenance outages in support of business objectives.
- Primary interface with all contracted work within the area, which includes both cost and capital work.
- Develop an appropriate spare equipment and spare parts strategy and plan to optimize production capability and working capital.
- Ensure maintenance and reliability work management processes are effectively implemented, utilized, and improved, driving strong oversight of activities / cost, and strengthening links to business cost/earnings performance.
- Ensure a CMMS (computer maintenance management system) is utilized and improved as a fully integrated part of the reliability and maintenance work management processes.
- Ensure long-term maintenance outages/turnarounds are effectively planned and executed, partnering closely with Operations to deliver on budget, scope, and schedule.
- Represent Vision Care on corporate reliability and maintenance networks to influence development and local implementation of corporate best practices.
- Support and advance Organizational Health within the reliability and maintenance team.
- Ensures site and function operate in accordance with department SOPs which meet regulatory and cGMP standards.’
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have the following requirements:
A minimum of a Bachelors or equivalent University degree is required, with a focus in Engineering preferred.
- Extensive experience in leading Asset Care, Equipment and Production Reliability Activities & Teams.
- Previous work experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to establish, influence, and maintain stakeholder support.
- Experience leading a cost center.
Advanced or Masters degree with a focus in Engineering
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification
- Experience managing and executing business process changes and change initiatives
This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
This is an opportunity to work with a groundbreaking medical device operation and to be a member of a Johnson & Johnson company, with an excellent record in employee continuous professional development and business improvement.
We are passionate about our work; we play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers.
Whether you’re one of the 1000 people who work here, or you’re considering joining the team, we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal and professional development/education
- Excellent Benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.