Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Sr Manager, US Health and Welfare Benefits located in New Brunswick, NJ .
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $94.9 Billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Sr Manager, US Health and Welfare Benefits is responsible for supporting the development of global health and welfare programs to attract, engage and retain employees who will drive results for patients, customers, and stakeholders. They are responsible for designing, evaluating, and modifying benefits policies to ensure that programs are employee focused, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements. They assist in the development of recommendations relative to the Company’s ongoing global benefit strategy. They provide benefit expertise and leadership in the evaluation and selection of suppliers, consultants, and other business partners, including the negotiation of fees and contracts. The Sr Manager, US Health and Welfare Benefits provides Total Rewards, Human Resources and business leaders insight on health and welfare program effectiveness and trends in the marketplace. They are involved in professional associations and other benefit venues to understand the external environment monitoring leading and emerging practices to shape the future of the Company’s benefit programs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Align with and support the Company’s benefits strategy to achieve the enterprise Total Rewards strategy
- Design, analyze and review health and welfare programs within each country and recommend changes as needed to ensure the programs are efficient, market competitive, compliant with local laws, etc.
- Establish Policies and Procedures for health and welfare benefit programs
- Develop reporting metrics and benchmarking regarding current plan performance and costs, including risks and opportunities for improved efficiency/delivery of programs
- Develop benefits budget, financial reporting, and data analytics via data warehouse
- Collaborate with Corporate Services, Global Services, Total Rewards, Human Resources, Finance, Tax, and Legal to ensure appropriate plan design, cost structure and funding/vendor strategy
- Provide benefit program design and support for acquisition and divestitures
- Manage Request for Proposals for health and welfare programs including analysis/recommendations/vendor strategy/selection
- Develop contract terms and performance guarantees for new and amended health and welfare programs
· University/Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent required. MBA preferred
· A minimum of 8 years professional hands-on experience within HR/Finance with at least 6 years in health & welfare benefits management
· Facilitation and project management expertise (e.g., project plans, status reports, communication plans, risk management plans, milestones, deliverable charts)
· Strong understanding and working knowledge of benefits laws and regulations
· Strong leadership skills; operates as a global leader with the understanding and appreciation for regional differences
· Strong presentation skills: can speak across various forums and communicate to broad, diverse audience
· Influence, negotiation, and consultative skills
· Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive and inclusive work environment
· Generates trust and build a high degree of credibility with stakeholders
· This role requires 10% travel and will need to be onsite in New Brunswick, NJ minimum 3 days a week
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The base pay range for this position is $118,000 - $203,550
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits