General Summary / 職務概要
The role is responsible for developing and executing mid-long term growth strategic plans for the organization, with a focus on total eye-health perspective. The position involves facilitating the implementation of the strategic plan and assisting in the development of tactical and operational plans as needed. The person in this role also monitors and reports on the progress of the strategic plan. Additionally, the person represent the Japan One Vision Business Strategy to the Global Strategy and New Business team, which includes enterprise-driven assessments. The position requires orchestrating multiple key stakeholders from various sectors, regions, and global professionals.
Duties & Responsibilities / 職務および職責
- Mid-term Strategy Planning & Execution:
- Guide the development and executional oversight of 3-5 year of Japan One Vision Strategy to serve the Total Eye Health arena, including Contact Lens Business growth
- Attain investments and resources from Senior Management (Global and regional) by coordinating stakeholders and documenting the proposals
- Oversees communication of Strategies that ensure market competitiveness and organizational excellence.
- New Business Development
- Evaluate 3-5 year new opportunities beyond current CL business model and guide shaping the business case to get the investment approval from Senior Management.
- Ovesight the BD projects including acquisition and external partnership by forming a project team with both internal and external members, gaining approval from the internal stakeholders, and negotiating a deal with potential external business partners
- Orchestrate internal and external activities to materialize inorganic growth opporunities
- Business Innovation Platform Accelaration
- Monitor industry regulations, technologies, competitor moves and changes in Patient and Customer behavior and provide Strategic implication to Sernior Management
- Build internal and external networks to ensure to identify the best esternal partners/vendors and get their best by strategically maximizing their performance to help our breakthrough in Total Eye Health bueinses.
- Drive strong partnership with BI (Business Intelligence) , PA (Professional Affairs), and R&D team to ensure open communication and effective workflow among all parties
- Serves as a strategic liaison for key organizational initiatives between Vision Care and Surgical Vision business and their customers. Participates in policy development and academic research projects as needed
- Representing the One Vision Strategy for Japan, act as the Commercial’s single point of contact torwards Global and Functional counterparts
- Assesses current models of Business innovation protocol and operations and develops appropriate new models
- Team and People Leadership
- Hire and retain strong strategy talents who can potenaitally be a HQ pipeline talents despite the highly competitive labor market.
- Build high-performing ONE teams across CL and Beyond CL with DE&I working environment
Key Requirements (skills, competencies, experiences, certifications) / 必要要件（スキル、知識、経験、資格）
Professional and Academic Experiences
- Master's Degree or Equivalent.
- More than 10 years of working experience in the healthcare industry.
- Generally requires 15+ years of related experience in successful commercial management, such as Strategy, Marketing, Sales Planning, and Business Development.
- Proven track record to devise strategy, translating into action plans, and provide leadership to execute the plans; Makes decisions and recommendations that are clearly linked to the organization's aspirations and financial goals and drives performance improvement.
- Along with demonstrating management experience, the ideal candidate must have developed and executed new business development with external parties
Skills & Competencies
- Strong problem-solving skills. Good follow through and see the projects to completion. Able to manage ambiguity and operate well in such an environment
- Critical thinking to manage business complexities in Vision (i.e. Doctors vs Retailers, Consumers vs Patients, Direct business vs Dealer business)
- Powerful relationship builder and influencing skills at all levels of the organization; Ability to succeed in a matrixed environment and influence adoption of new thinking
- Substantial skills in negotiation, project management, and course correction with flexibility and agility
- Powerful verbal and written communication skills (i.e., PowerPoint, in-person, email) to impress Senior and Global leadership with the investment stories
- Fluent English in writing, verbal communication, and presentation enough to shape global agenda, get credibility and attain global support