For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
As the EHS Advisor, you will:
· Co-ordinate, conduct and implement all Environmental, Health and Safety programmes to
specific Value Streams, Supply Chain, Facilities and Projects.
· Provide specific support to designated EHS team.
· Co-ordinate and implement EHS Management Systems, Audits and any other additional
documentation pertaining to EHS requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Supporting the Site EHS Team in developing and maintaining robust EHS programs and management systems, ensuring Site compliance with local EHS regulations as well as corporate EHS Standards, integrating EHS&S into the day-to-day operations.
· Ensuring that Site EHS is aligned to ISO certifications and corporate programmes (specifically, but not limited to occupational safety, ergonomics, machine safety, ATEX, emergency management, ERT, EHS inductions, EHS audits, contractor management, waste management).
· Developing procedures to prevent accidents and noncompliance/non-conformance events. Ensures through thorough incident investigations are carried out as required.
· Driving EHS&S by design and participating in pre-startup EHS&S reviews and equipment walk-downs. Provide technical support for safe design & implementation of facilities and processes.
· Supporting EHS committees to ensure implementation of the EHS programmes.
· Managing EHS training programmes.
· Supporting Contractor safety management and construction safety auditing.
· Supporting the B2 site industrial hygiene program.
· Supporting the development of a culture on-site of self-sufficiency from an EHS&S perspective. Challenge current systems and practices and proactively seek opportunities for continual improvement, leaner and innovative EHS&S practices.
Experience and Education
· Hold a relevant degree (Engineering, Science or equivalent) and a post graduate qualification in environment or health & safety.
· Have at least 5 years relevant industrial work experience.
· Be fully conversant with EHS legislation and best practice.
· Can work in a variety of team settings. Strong team player.
· Be energetic, ambitious, enthusiastic, reliable, flexible, collaborative, strongly focused on continuous improvement.
· Have good interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), problem-solving, influence, planning, organizing, and time management skills. Generate all required reports & record keeping systems.
· Have experience with EHS audits.
· Have good classroom instructor skills.
· Can analyse data, interpret results & communicate plan to employees at all levels.
· Can work with precision, accuracy and reliability.
· Be proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· The EHS Advisor will work closely with Managers/Team leaders to develop and implement EHS.
· The work location is the DePuy, Cork Site.
· The EHS Advisor will work closely with the EHS Manager to support: Interactions with environmental, health and safety regulators; and EHS auditors.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.