At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Join us!
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Biomaterials R&D Co-op. DePuy Synthes, Johnson & Johnson’s orthopedic medical device company, develops and markets implants and instruments for orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery. The co-op position offered by DePuy Synthes is in the Biomaterials Research and Development group, which develops implants based on new materials technologies including polymers, ceramics, composites, and drug-device combination products. The Biomaterials R&D Co-op will work in a team environment, assisting scientists and engineers in our R&D laboratories to fabricate device prototypes, and conduct mechanical, chemical, biological, and simulated use testing to evaluate device performance.
• The co-op will conduct experiments and provide data, results analysis, and reports to
project teams in a timeline driven process, and will contribute to the efficient operation of
• The co-op will exercise technical judgment in the design, execution and interpretation of
experiments, and use professional concepts to solve complex problems in creative and
• The co-op will maintain a laboratory notebook and other technical documentation
according to required guidelines.
• The co-op may be asked to provide other project or product support as needed to support
Synthes’ business objectives.
• This position requires work in a Biosafety Level 2 lab
• This position is a full time position, 40 hours per week, located in West Chester, PA, and
requires less than 5% travel.
Currently enrolled in an undergraduate engineering or science program.
• The candidate should have an interest in chemistry, biology, materials science, or medical
device design and testing.
• The successful candidate will have strong analytical, problem solving and communication
skills, and should be observant and be able to think creatively.
• The candidate should be able to learn quickly and work independently with minimal
• Prior experience in conducting laboratory experiments is preferred
• A GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.