Are you looking to get a jump start on your engineering career at Ethicon? The Graduate Engineer Accelerated Rotational (GEAR) program looks to develop early in career talent to gain hands-on experience and build an encouraging network! This role will support our Global Technical Operations (GTO) team within the Ethicon franchises. If you are looking to further your engineering skills and make a positive difference in peoples' lives, we want you to join our team!
GEAR is a two-year entry level rotational program to develop a pipeline of technical leaders for Ethicon. It offers unique, technically focused experiences across the Ethicon Endomechanical-Energy and Wound Closure & Healing franchises. This key role provides an opportunity to bring significant improvements to Ethicon products and processes, while also providing the opportunity for significant professional growth within the technical track. You will have the opportunity to support and learn about several product families and make our mission of innovating patient care a reality.
In GTO, our team is on the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. Our engineering staff collaborates with R&D teams, multiple Manufacturing sites, and Suppliers to develop/maintain robust component designs and manufacturing processes to ensure our patients get the products they need when they need them.
Access to learn more about Ethicon: https://www.jnjmedtech.com/en-US/companies/ethicon
- The opportunity to build technical depth via various, technical curriculums. Curriculum(s) may include, but may not be limited to:
- Assembly & Automation
- Component Development
- Chemical Processing
- Fiber Processing
- Wire Processing
- Combine on-the-job experience with technical, leadership & personal development training
- Rotational assignments across 2 Ethicon franchises that deliver real and impactful business results
- Exposure to multiple Ethicon products and manufacturing processes
- Global networking and virtual collaboration with fellow associates around the world
- Building technical skills in many areas, including process development, manufacturing operations, quality and regulatory compliance, project management, and product/process improvement methodologies (six sigma, lean, design excellence)
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting assignments within an assigned technical curriculum based on business needs, project criticality, and/or prior experience. Example assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Process Design, Development, and/or implementation at selected site(s)
- Manufacturing Operations Support
- Manufacturing Operations Improvements
- Site improvement initiatives (i.e. Construction and installation support for new manufacturing technology)
- Lifecycle management support for existing, base business products with cross-functional partners
- Availability to work in person in Juarez - Mexico
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering related field obtained between June 2022 and June 2024 or A Master’s Degree in an Engineering related field obtained between June 2022 and June 2024
- Eligible to begin full-time employment with J&J by the assigned start date in July 2024
- A minimum of 3 months of work experience (inclusive of co-op, internship, and post-graduate employment)
- Academic achievement as proven
- Proven leadership and technical skills
- Good basis in statistical analysis of data – e.g. experience with Minitab tool (or equivalent)
- Full proficiency in MS Office applications (including MS project)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.