Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting an Automation Engineer!
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (JJHCS) provides contracting, supply chain, business services, and strategic solutions to customers and commercial intermediaries of U.S.-based Johnson & Johnson companies, including hospital systems, health plans, distributors, wholesalers, purchasing organizations, government payer programs, and government healthcare institutions in the U.S. JJHCS also engages with customers to provide streamlined supply chain services for our products that seamlessly integrate with customer operations, address shared evolving market challenges to value-based care, and develop solutions that improve patient care and access.
Johnson & Johnson Deliver Group is part of Johnson & Johnson’s global Supply Chain organization supporting operations across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Deliver strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer-facing-functions such as customer service, distribution and transportation. In addition, Deliver oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. It supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Devices (including Vision), Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. Located in every region of the world where Johnson & Johnson operates, Deliver is a critical component of our supply chain, working collaboratively to ensure that quality, safety and the experience of our customers is our top priority.
Are you interested in joining a team delivering innovative supply chain capabilities through analytics support and outstanding processes?
Our Automation Engineer serves as the onsite specialist for all automated material handling equipment and warehouse control system administration for the MD DC Hub Site. The Engineer provides technical expertise to the operation of a highly automated, efficient distribution hub for medical devices.
- Lead the execution of projects including, but not limited to, application & control system software upgrades, automated material handling equipment, design specification documentation, validation, and change control
- Ensure automation and warehouse control system documentation is current, controlled, approved, and reviewed to meet quality, information security, and safety compliance requirements
- Develop and monitor automation systems metrics and performance indicators
- Drive efficiencies across the site through suitable adoption of new technologies and enhanced approaches
- Collaborate with Johnson & Johnson centers of excellence and external systems integrators to solicit and deploy technologies, capabilities and systems based on Business and Customer requirements
- Provide preventive/corrective maintenance and troubleshooting expertise on automation systems
- Ensure process and systems are aligned for effective and reliable production output
- Ensure the development and availability of suitable training courses and training material
- Investigate and recommend on the selection of new equipment
- Lead proposal processes, including draft of requirements, conceptualization, and piloting of proposed solutions
- Enable a culture of Process Excellence to include best industry practices
- Implement process surveillance programs for process control, yield, cycle time, quality, equipment change-over, and equipment reliability
- Execute cost reduction and efficiency improvement projects using Lean and Six Sigma techniques
- Utilize risk management tools such as FMEA, PHA/LOPA, and business risk evaluations
- Maintain knowledge of company processes and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, information security, validation, and change control
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. Focus degree in Mechanical, Industrial/Systems, Electrical, or Mechatronics Engineering is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in warehousing/distribution or production environments with automated equipment and systems
- Experience in implementing and/or maintaining automated equipment, including some level of managing and documenting equipment changes
- Ability to be a technical administrator, expert user, and trainer of the warehouse control system application suite
- Demonstrated knowledge to write effectively, rationalize conclusions and recommendations, and compliantly document for regulatory bodies
- Ability to collaborate within a diverse and inclusive environment
- Industry work experience in pharmaceutical or medical device or similarly regulated manufacturing and warehousing/distribution
- Process Excellence / Lean certification
- Software systems change management and validation experience
- Knowledge of Trackwise, SAP, Minitab, and Visio
- Experience with Rockwell Studio 5000 or RSLogix 5000
- Experience with Cognex vision system applications, scripting, and integration
- Experience with barcode scanning equipment and configuration methods for 1D and Datamatrix formats
- Experience leading multiple coordinated projects with many team members across information technology, quality, maintenance, and operations groups
- Experience with SQL queries and/or database management
- Experience with troubleshooting complex, integrated systems, equipment, and processes
- Able to travel up to 10% of domestic and international travel.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .