Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Director, Retirement Benefits – Americas located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $94.9 Billion in 2022 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for designing global framework and minimum standards for a variety of our benefit programs including DB & DC Retirement Programs and Executive Retirement Counseling. In the Americas, owns the design and oversight of the programs above, as well as the strategy and design of Severance plans in each country across the region.
- Design and implement Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, Executive Retirement Counseling and Severance programs for J&J.
- Provide guidance and educate our leaders on our benefit programs and assist Business Unit HR/Employee Relations in necessary employee representatives’ alignment
- Present strategy and retirement benefit proposals (new or changed plans) to management (the Pension and Benefits Committee)
- Assess current retirement benefits programs, market trends, legislative, tax, and social changes that impact the Company’s programs and design & implement changes as needed
- Design and manage reporting metrics and benchmarking regarding current retirement plan performance
- Participate in pension valuation process, overseeing and assessing results provided by the consultant, help Controller’s group and Treasury to understand pension actuarial principles as needed
- Support Finance by providing pension accounting expertise
- Participate in development of global and local communication strategy in relation to benefits, along with ensuring that employees have appropriate counseling available
- BA/BS degree required
- 10+ years working in a Benefits function with a strong background in design, development, and delivery of retirement benefit programs for large multinational companies (a combination of consulting and corporate experience preferred).
- 5+ years of people management experience is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and comprehension of insurance underwriting and actuarial concepts.
- Completion of at least some of the actuarial exams (associate or fellow of the Society of Actuaries is best suited) is preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging global markets trends, cultural, and competitive practices and legislation is required.
- Experience operating with understanding and appreciation of regional differences.
- A track record of strong relationship building and people management skills is required.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, display a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and accuracy, be well organized, and able to prioritize with excellent written and oral presentation skills.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The base pay range for this position is $137,000 -$235,750
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits