Janssen Global Services, LLC, part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies, is recruiting for the Head of US CAR-T Operations to be based in Raritan, New Jersey.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Global Services, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Autologous Platform currently focuses on Global supply and capacity expansion of Carvykti, our first autologous CAR-T product which we supply in partnership with our Partner, Legend Biotech. The Head of US CAR-T operations serves as the US Autologous CAR-T Lead providing leadership and direction to our US CAR-T Operations ensuring business objectives and quality standards are met for Carvykti. In addition to this, the role will be responsible for scaling the US Operations in anticipation of future CAR-T assets – internally developed and/or externally sourced - that will enter our Autologous platform.
Working with planning, quality, regulatory, operations and value chain management, this role will ensure the proper focus and attention is placed to establish priorities, resolve issues, identify and execute opportunities for optimization across the full US CAR-T supply chain. As one of the key members of the Autologous CAR-T Leadership Team, this role is the primary contact for our US commercial partners and a crucial liaison for our East-Coast based R&D groups.
This Executive drives Performance Management by developing and tracking Key Performance Indicators, and by initiating changes in structure, systems, and processes to sustainably improve US Operational CAR-T performance. This is a critical role due to the strategic importance of this new product platform, as well the proximity with R&D and Commercial, and its direct impact on our commercial results.
- US CAR-T manufacturing operations (clinical and commercial)
- Driving alignment and endorsement of senior key stakeholders (VP level) including the US commercial organization, R&D, Quality, Med Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, etc. to shape long term manufacturing strategy, innovation strategy, and next gen process development of the cell therapy platform
- Expansion of the Raritan site capacity for Carvykti, as well as any future needed US capacity expansion for other potential CAR-T therapies
- Leading US CAR-T operations in alignment and coordination with our onsite external business partner, Legend
- Part of the Autologous CAR-T Leadership team with oversight of an expanding organization through a matrix management model of direct and indirect reports
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Bachelor's Degree is required; MBA or Advanced degree is desirable
- Minimum of 15 years of leadership in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment and/or a dynamic fast changing business environment
- Most recent experience should include senior level management overseeing multiple/complex sites/operations
- Diverse business and operational background in cell therapy, including manufacturing, integrated planning, product innovation and customer dimensions is highly preferred.
- R&D experience is an asset
- Proven experience in demonstrating strong financial acumen with respect to project evaluation and providing recommendations.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), ISO, FDA
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead the execution of strategy
- Solid experience across end-to-end processes and program management
- Demonstrated success at developing highly collaborative and effective relationships across a matrix organization and across functions
- Demonstrated ability to influence and to network
- Business acumen
- Making Complex Decisions
- Creating the New and Different
- Getting Work Done Through Others
- Evaluating and Deploying People Effectively
- Communicating Effectively
- Managing Diverse Relationships
- Inspiring Others
For U.S. applicants, in accordance with applicable disclosure requirements, the anticipated base pay range for this position is $159,000 to $274,000. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation's performance over a calendar / performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company's discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, long-term incentive, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to:
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com