Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a MOI/QCCB Testing Operator, CAR-T to be located in Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position is responsible for performing manufacturing procedures and the execution of scheduled tasks within a CGMP environment. This position is responsible for quality and maintaining the highest standards in compliance within company policies, procedures, and all applicable regulations. Responsible for fostering site pride and J&J citizenship.
AS THE MOI/QCCB TESTING OPERATOR, CAR-T, YOU WILL:
- Be part of the manufacturing operations team responsible for MOI/QCCB, clinical and commercial preparation autologous CAR-T products for clinical and commercial operation in a controlled current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) cleanroom environment.
- Independently execute MOI/QCCB Testing or manufacturing-support processes according to standard operating procedures and current curriculum.
- Execute manufacturing activities common to cell culturing, purification, aseptic processing, and cryopreservation using appropriate techniques.
- Perform process unit operations according to standard operating procedures and batch records, and record production data and information in a clear, concise, format according to Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Perform tasks on time in a manner consistent with quality systems and cGMP requirements.
- Work in a team based, cross-functional environment to complete production tasks required by shift schedule.
- Aid in the development of manufacturing processes including appropriate documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing operations leveraging own observation as well as input of team members.
- Handle human derived materials in containment areas.
- Support schedule adjustments to meet production.
- Accurately complete documentation in SOP’s, logbooks and other GMP documents.
- Demonstrate training progression through assigned curriculum.
- Accountable for maintaining a working knowledge of basic cGMP requirements to ensure adherence to compliance policies and regulations
- Wear the appropriate PPE when working in manufacturing and other hazardous working environments.
- Proactively maintain a clean and safe work environment. Take necessary action to eliminate safety hazards and communicate to others any observed unsafe behaviors
- Ensure materials are available for production.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES :
- Support the ongoing production schedule by:
- Report to work on-time and according to the shift schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend departmental and other scheduled meetings.
- Practice good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate positive team-oriented approach in the daily execution of procedures.
- Promote and work within a team environment
- Learn new skills, procedures and processes as assigned by management and continue to develop professionally.
- Support investigation efforts as required.
- Responsible for audit preparation and participation.
A UTONOMY and COMPLEXITY :
- Needs direction to perform manufacturing daily tasks within functional area.
- Support and contributes to projects
- Assist in troubleshooting routine manufacturing processes
- Support and execute non-routine manufacturing activities.
Are you interested in joining a team that is positively impacting patient's lives through cutting edge cell therapy? Apply today to be part of the #CAR-T team!
NATURE OF TASKS:
- Basic technical knowledge within functional units
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the process to properly perform the assigned manufacturing tasks.
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of systems required per curriculum. Utilizes tools within MS Office and other systems to improve business effectiveness.
- Accurate Data Entry skills in relevant manufacturing applications (SAP, electronic batch records (EBR), etc
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma required with 4-6 Years Biotech/Pharmaceutical experience or equivalent industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Life Sciences or Engineering, with 0-2 years Biotech/Pharmaceutical experience or equivalent industry experience
LANGUAGE SKILLS :
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and logbooks
- Review and provide feedback for SOP and Batch Record Revisions
REASONING ABILITY :
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Follow instructions
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS :
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common factions, and decimals
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES OR QUALIFICATIONS :
- Knowledge and ability to operate manufacturing, manufacturing-support, and lab equipment.
- Knowledge of Process Excellence Tools
- Possesses solid knowledge of routine and non-routine testing and sampling methods, techniques, and related equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Needs to be mobile and able to independently transport themselves between various sites/locations, as dictated by the essential functions and responsibilities of the position.
- Is frequently required to communicate with coworkers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; climb, bend, and stoop; and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Needs to perform gowning procedures to work in manufacturing core.
*The Raritan CAR-T Manufacturing organization is committed to working with any applicant or employee to make reasonable accommodations in job structure in consideration of any known physical challenges or disabilities.
- The anticipated base pay range for this position is $49,088 to $66,413 annually .
- This position is overtime eligible
- Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal, and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.