About the Johnson & Johnson Vision
Johnson & Johnson’s Medical Devices industry builds essential diagnostic and medical equipment that is used and relied on in hospitals and doctor’s offices around the world. Our medical devices allow professionals in fields ranging from surgery to vision care and infection prevention, among many others, to treat their patients confidently and effectively. At J&J, Supply Chain organization is passionate about innovation and bringing real value to our patients.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better.
We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond.
We are committed to using our reach and size for good and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
Introduction and Overview
This position requires high attention to detail, organizational leadership, interpersonal skills, a quality mindset, critical thinking, and technical writing skills. This position will work in a team environment and will directly report to the QM manager. The position is a permanent employment with placement in Uppsala. Welcome your application today!
Quality Engineer QM Laboratory
The Quality Engineer QM Laboratory (QEQML) position will support the Quality Control Microbiology laboratory (QM), consisting of eight engaged and committed people, and conducts diverse microbiological testing of raw materials, in-process and final product samples submitted to the QM laboratories. The position requires analytical testing to be completed in compliance with all applicable procedures, GMP regulations and applicable ISO standards.
Objectives of the Position
- Microbiological testing of water systems and drug products.
- Perform Microbiological testing on samples from raw materials, in-process samples, release, and stability.
- Book in and control of samples.
- Work with the Senior Microbiologist to organise work.
- Perform support activities required for the function of the laboratory, including sterile and aseptic testing.
- Perform deviation investigations NC, CAPA, CC.
- Writing SOPs.
What you will need to succeed
To succeed in the role, you are structured, thorough, and quality-conscious. You are adaptable and solution-oriented and are happy to come up with new ideas. As a person, you are driven and proactive, have a good ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others. You dare to make your own decisions and enjoy planning and carrying out your work yourself. The work requires that you are thorough, flexible, and service-oriented and that you enjoy working according to set time targets. The pace of work can sometimes be high, and it is important that you can plan your work well while being flexible for re-prioritization.
- Degree Level Qualification in Microbiology and demonstrated competency within a QC Laboratory.
- Continuous Improvement driven.
- Technical knowledge and experience in a regulated pharmaceutical microbiology laboratory environment.
- Analytical weighing, Sample dilutions, Aseptic technique, Pipetting technique, Plate reading, Bioburden and Endotoxin analysis, Sterilization processes -including BI analysis.
- Understanding GMP/EP requirements and Regulators Expectations, including requirements for Medical Devices.
- Good knowledge of Swedish and English in speech and writing.
- Knowledge and experience with LIMS will be considered a positive preference.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new systems and programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an updated CV and Cover letter. The selection process will start during the posting period, please send in your application as soon as possible. We reserve the rights to close the advert earlier. All applicants can expect feedback on the application.
If you have issues applying, please use Chrome Web Browser and reset your password. If that does not help you can get more guidance and contact us from this page: https://www.careers.jnj.com/contactus-faq .