Johnson & Johnson Finance Solutions & Technology (FST) is recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager, External Reporting .
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $92 billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 132,200 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Finance Manager, External Reporting
This position is a transformational role that will support the development of external reporting capabilities as part of the SigniFi program. This role will primarily focus on developing global reporting capabilities which will enable to bridge between USGAAP Legal Entity results and local GAAP statutory results.
The Senior Finance Manager, External Reporting will be responsible for developing analytics and reporting to meet both internal and external stakeholder requirements, and for leading the design process to ensure that enterprise standards are met across sectors / regions and that accounting policies, compliance and controls are appropriately reflected in designs.
- Execute program deliverables in alignment with CFIN deployment, providing strategic leadership to shape the future state of external reporting.
- Develop capabilities to efficiently bridge between USGAAP Legal Entity results and local GAAP statutory results, and to efficiently provide data about bridge items to PwC.
- Develop reporting packages to support the L1 statutory results closing process.
- Lead the squad teams to design and implement innovative solutions and ensure that key business processes and capabilities are designed and deployed in an integrated and effective manner.
- Work with key partners in Business Unit Finance, Corporate and Tax teams, also using insights from external benchmarking.
- Partner with Data Design Product Owners and Technical Product Owners to develop reporting capabilities.
- Partner with Global Services process owners to ensure alignment for capability design, build, validation, deployment, and steady-state support.
- Partner with the Financial Operations teams who will govern the L1 statutory reporting ledger in CFIN.
- Work with internal and external partners in audit teams and teams involved in statutory reporting.
- Partner with change management, communications, and training teams.
- Supervise a Sr. Financial Analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting / Finance is required. Advanced degrees / certifications such as a CPA, CMA, PMP or MBA / Master’s are preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of finance or accounting required.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing, and managing FP&A processes / tools within a global organization.
- Knowledge of financial planning, reporting, data analytics, audit processes & SOX controls and USGAAP.
- Knowledge of local GAAP statutory reporting processes is a plus.
- Knowledge of the CFIN ledger set-up is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP financial data analytics / reporting modules and next-gen technologies is a plus.
- Ability to balance big picture with attention to detail and to proactively identify and mitigate process risks within a cross-functional, global organization.
- Driven to achieve results and demonstrating hands-on approach. Experience leading project timelines and milestones in complex business environments.
- Demonstrating a continuous improvement mindset. Change management skills and ability to work in ambiguous situations, including the ability to drive others to adapt to a changing environment.
- Pro-active in connecting and energized to collaborate across functions. Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to confidently present complex information.
- Passionate about developing and leading a team, as well as continuous personal development. Minimum 3 years prior experience with leading teams or people leadership.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
- It is preferred that this person is located in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Beerse, Wokingham, Zug or Cork. Consideration will be given to other J&J locations.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in Belgium are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.