At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Johnson & Johnson is hiring for Packaging Co-ops within our Medical Device sector to be located in:
- Raritan, NJ
- West Chester, PA.
- Cincinnati, OH
- Jacksonville, FL
- Irvine, CA
- (Other locations may be available based on demand)
- Fall 2023 – June – December
- Spring 2024 – January – June
- Fall 2024 – June – December
As a Co-op in Packaging Engineering, you will have opportunities to interact with Product Development, Regulatory, Sterility Assurance, Labeling Technology, Manufacturing, and other J&J Operating Companies. This position requires a person who is enthusiastic, willing to learn, and tenacious, as well as professional and articulate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop packaging for metallic, non-metallic, and biologic products.
- Create and/or update packaging component and assembly drawings and material specifications
- Build working relationships with Product Directors, Product Development Engineers, Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs, Sterility Assurance, and others to develop product packaging requirements and concepts
- Responsible for technical aspects of packaging from product concept through market introduction
- Interact with outside suppliers for packaging design development, evaluation, and testing
- Support Manufacturing Operations with the implementation of packaging
- Document all packaging and labeling design, development, and testing to comply with FDA design control regulations
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and always maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Engineering/Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or related degree. Possibly Industrial Design.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op session.
- Be available to travel to the office having suitable transportation means.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B)
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities are desired.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Proficiency with Auto-Cad and SolidWorks is preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.